• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Owen

First post for a long, long time....

Earlier this week I was lucky to find a mint, possibly unplayed BFR Albert Lee which is 10+ yrs old. Apparently it belonged to a collector who has recently downsized so he sold it back to the original supplier.

My Father recently passed which allowed me to afford this, he also played the guitar and was very fond of Albert Lee (and birdseye maple necks) so I hope he would approve.

Attachments

• 3F21B19A-760A-474F-89C0-92A0680401BE.jpg
    3F21B19A-760A-474F-89C0-92A0680401BE.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 134

Owen

WHOOOOOAAAAA. That is one awesome guitar! Though so is the one in your avatar. Play it in good health!

Cheers! The avatar was a photoshopped version of the original one I was gassing for years ago, never thought I would actually own one

Owen

Welcome to the ALOC ;)

Thanks Kevin (we met at the 08/09 Knucklehead bashes). I’ve been chasing one of these since ‘Strummer’ won the raffle at the first bash. I remember consoling Mike/Smellybum after he spent a fortune on tickets! I knew he wouldn’t let Magnus leave the country with it!
At last I can join the ALOC after 13yrs

Spudmurphy

Thanks Kevin (we met at the 08/09 Knucklehead bashes). I’ve been chasing one of these since ‘Strummer’ won the raffle at the first bash. I remember consoling Mike/Smellybum after he spent a fortune on tickets! I knew he wouldn’t let Magnus leave the country with it!
At last I can join the ALOC after 13yrs
Wow - what a night that was eh? fantastic Knucklehead Bash that. The previous year (or was it the year after?) my mate won the raffle for the Axis - signed by Big Poppa!
getting an Albert Lee was the best thing that happened for me - it just changed and helped my guitar playing.
Hang on to that one - it will definitely go up a lot in value.

When Beth announced the winner of that Albert she said "... and the winner of the raffle is SSSS......... (I was waiting for 'pud, but alas it was 'trummer).

Glad you got it and nice to touch base after all these years..

..... decoder ring and secret handshake instructions will follow in the post !

Owen

Wow - what a night that was eh? fantastic Knucklehead Bash that. The previous year (or was it the year after?) my mate won the raffle for the Axis - signed by Big Poppa!
getting an Albert Lee was the best thing that happened for me - it just changed and helped my guitar playing.
Hang on to that one - it will definitely go up a lot in value.

When Beth announced the winner of that Albert she said "... and the winner of the raffle is SSSS......... (I was waiting for 'pud, but alas it was 'trummer).

Glad you got it and nice to touch base after all these years..

..... decoder ring and secret handshake instructions will follow in the post !

Cheers Spud, that mountain of Red Stripe damaged me that first evening. The second one was a little more civilised, met Mr Lee that night and I was chuffed that your mate won the Axis.

Top Bottom