• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Just scored this beauty last week and took delivery on Friday. It looks like it was put in the case new and never played. Zero fret wear and zero marks anywhere on the guitar that I can find. Plastic still on the plastic covers on the back. Neck still has that nice smooth wax/oil finish feel like they do when they're new. Unbelievable. Of course plays and sounds insanely good just like an Axis should. Arrived in perfect intonation as well which was a bonus. #verylucky. Pics:

EDIT - so I just figured I'd change the volume knob back to the plastic white - stock color. All I have is Tone knobs which works :) Anyway, I pull off the old one and what do I find? Push pull pot! Front coil of bridge pup, both inside coils, back coil of neck pickup. Some nice single coil tones!!

Attachments

• AxisOrangeSmall1.jpg
    AxisOrangeSmall1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 105
  • AxisOrangeSmall2.jpg
    AxisOrangeSmall2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 72
  • AxisOrangeSmall4.jpg
    AxisOrangeSmall4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 66
  • AxisOrangeSmall5.jpg
    AxisOrangeSmall5.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

jlf599

Just scored this beauty last week and took delivery on Friday. It looks like it was put in the case new and never played. Zero fret wear and zero marks anywhere on the guitar that I can find. Plastic still on the plastic covers on the back. Neck still has that nice smooth wax/oil finish feel like they do when they're new. Unbelievable. Of course plays and sounds insanely good just like an Axis should. Arrived in perfect intonation as well which was a bonus. #verylucky.

Man, that is gorgeous! I found a SuperSport version of that but didn't move fast enough.

Congrats!

loocnmad

Oooh, I like that! I know they're not everybody's cup of tea but I'm a sucker for a matching headstock.

fogman

Congrats!!! Envious! Haha.
I've always wanted an orange Axis since seeing a Steve Sevens video some years ago.

Fusionman

Great color. When I bought my trans gold Axis Sport back in 2004 the dealer also had the same gtr in trans orange. Wish I pulled the trigger on it too.

Top Bottom