• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Greg Suarez

It's the first time that somebody compares me with Audrey Tautou :
220px-Audrey_Tautou_Cannes_2013_2.jpg

c7eceef6bf73db509274e6f692131d83_180x230.jpg

Most of the time, people compare me with Chewbacca !

I was completely in love after I first saw "Amélie."

Barry1977

I actually have the M-steels on a few of my Music Man guitars, but I think I prefer the regular Cobalt series strings that I've been using for the past two(?) years. To me, the Cobalts are the best strings out there!

I agree completely with the cobalts..String bending is the easiest it ever has been for me..They are like silk

mtrejo

That is a sexy guitar. Once you lay your hands on one in person I think the awe actually increases.

drewbixcubed

What an awesome review! Glad you like the guitar!

Just a small bit of info on the output jack...you can still split the outputs to two amps. You can select the output to be mono or stereo, and in stereo mode, using a TRS cable and a splitter of some sort, you can send the tip out to your magnetic pickup amp, and the ring out to your Piezo pickup amp.

More info on the story (from JP himself), and specs, controls, etc... here.

Thanks for the post!

michaeld13

White is my fav. The action in those pics looks incredibly low. Do you have any other pics to show that? Any buzzing when bending?

Greg Suarez

What an awesome review! Glad you like the guitar!

Just a small bit of info on the output jack...you can still split the outputs to two amps. You can select the output to be mono or stereo, and in stereo mode, using a TRS cable and a splitter of some sort, you can send the tip out to your magnetic pickup amp, and the ring out to your Piezo pickup amp.

More info on the story (from JP himself), and specs, controls, etc... here.

Thanks for the post!

Thanks for the clarification, Drew. Like I mentioned before, I never got too complex with outputting the signal on my JP6, and I have not experimented much with the mono/TRS options on the Majesty. I use a Mogami Platinum mono cable into my Rig Kontrol 3/Guitar Rig 5 system, and I can switch between mag/piezo/mix at the flick of the wrist. The versatility of being able to use multiple amps live is undeniably awesome, though.

Amazing work on the Majesty. I simply cannot take my hands off of it. I am all over a 7-string version whenever I can scrape the funds together.

Last edited:

Greg Suarez

White is my fav. The action in those pics looks incredibly low. Do you have any other pics to show that? Any buzzing when bending?

These are the only pics I have, and I'm at work right now (don't tell the boss I'm hanging out on the MM boards during lunch!).

The action is very low, and I have zero buzzing problems. The Majesty is simply easy to play and a JOY to play. I gave the guitar a thorough set-up (as I do all my guitars) after I allowed it a short time to acclimate to my house's environment. The gauge of strings that comes standard with the Majesty 6 (10-46) is the exact gauge I use on guitars with humbuckers, and since the bridge was completely level out of the box, I didn't have to adjust trem springs at all. I did have a *slight* bit of buzzing from low E and A out of the box, but a couple of minor tweaks of the truss rod wheel to add a just a hair of relief solved the problem completely, 100%. The guitar was also perfectly intonated right out of the box, which I have NEVER experienced before. It was also in-tune when I unwrapped the plastic factory shroud from around the guitar. Again, I have NEVER opened a brand new guitar that has just undergone shipping, strummed an open E chord and had it respond with perfect tuning.

I have played and owned a number of American Strats over the years, and they always need intonated out of the box and have major fret buzzing, which requires additional set-up. Once you get it right, though, a well set-up Strat is a thing of beauty. Gibsons are usually a complete mess right out of the box. Gibson QC has gone into the toilet. I haven't owned and used many MM guitars, but so far the ones I have have had impeccable set-up, care and attention before being boxed up and shipped out from the factory. In a short time I have become a "MM guy," and this is coming from someone who worshiped at the altar of Fender for many, many, many years.

In fact - no kidding - my experiences with MM have me contemplating getting rid of my Strat for a Silhouette Special and my P-Bass for a StingRay. That's saying a lot coming from me...

Last edited:

michaeld13

Thanks Greg! Enjoy! I've got a PRS that I bought new in 1989 I think. That was my last guitar purchase. I think I'm due. Just need to save up.

smd24fan

Mine is sitting at UPS waiting for me to pick it up today! After this review, I may just have to take the remainder of the day off!

Tollywood

That was an excellent review and great pics!

In a short time I have become a "MM guy," and this is coming from someone who worshiped at the altar of Fender for many, many, many years.

In fact - no kidding - my experiences with MM have me contemplating getting rid of my Strat for a Silhouette Special and my P-Bass for a StingRay. That's saying a lot coming from me...

haha - this is a recurring theme on the forum.

Last edited:

michaeld13

I know... I guess I've been pretty content until I saw that Sweetwater vid announcing the Majesty. Got bitten that day...

Top Bottom