• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SiloCologne

The Chopper on the other hand is quite bassy in the middle position of this guitar... to a point where I'm not sure I'd use it very often as it stands right now. It's a bit of a strange pickup for me, and I think it's position on the body in relation to the longer neck is affecting how it sounds possibly. I do need to play with it more for sure.
:)
I can suggest the Dimarzio Injector neck for the HSH combo, which i tried on my silo. It is single soil sound-ish and has enough output to balance with the humbuckers. In opposite to the blade made chopper, it sounds fantastic when splitted! Really awesome pup for HSH and HSS Axes. I heard the rumor, that the early Luke III HSS has injector neck's for middle and neck position.

tbonesullivan

I can suggest the Dimarzio Injector neck for the HSH combo, which i tried on my silo. It is single soil sound-ish and has enough output to balance with the humbuckers. In opposite to the blade made chopper, it sounds fantastic when splitted! Really awesome pup for HSH and HSS Axes. I heard the rumor, that the early Luke III HSS has injector neck's for middle and neck position.
Oh really? Might explain why I like the sound on my Luke III so much. I have a full injector set on a G&L Legacy, which has an Area 67 in the middle I think. Definitely is nice to have a strat type guitar with a bit more meat.

Top Bottom