• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jamie M

Hi guys

Next week I have a new addition coming, a Luke 1 with matching headstock and the EMG pups, will post some pics when I have it, just traded my JP6 in for it, cant wait.

Mikey

Congrats on your new incoming guitar!
But are you sure, it is not a Luke II instead of a Luke I ? Luke II has the vintage trem, a tone knob and matching headstock option whereas the Luke I has a Floyd and only a volume knob.

Cheers, Mikey

Jamie M

Congrats on your new incoming guitar!
But are you sure, it is not a Luke II instead of a Luke I ? Luke II has the vintage trem, a tone knob and matching headstock option whereas the Luke I has a Floyd and only a volume knob.

Cheers, Mikey

Sorry guys, yes its a Luke II, my bad, cheers for pointing it out Mikey

Mikey

Well, congrats anyway. It's quite a rare bird. You won't see many guitars with a matching headstock in that colour.

Jamie M

Here it is chaps, it looks killer but is the way the trem sits normal? I have 2 extra springs included in case as well.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Trem.jpg
    Trem.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 97

fbecir

Hello Jamie

Congratulations for the new axe.
The trem is floating, nothing wrong with that. Add a string or tighten the claws if you prefer to have less trem action or if you want to block it.

Jamie M

Hello Jamie

Congratulations for the new axe.
The trem is floating, nothing wrong with that. Add a string or tighten the claws if you prefer to have less trem action or if you want to block it.

Thanks Fbecir

I will leave it then as it plays great, I thought it just looked a bit odd.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
No. Not really. Obviously, you'll need to readjust the claw (with the two big screws in the back) to set the bridge where you want it, either where it is now or flat to the top of the guitar. If you set it flat, the action will drop a touch. I'd just raise the saddle to compensate, if necessary. Personally, I like it floating as it is (which, when you pull up on the bar, should give you a minor third on the ope g-string, raising the pitch from G to Bb). Besides, I love to vibrato on chords and pulling up on notes too.

Great guitar Jamie, congrats!

Last edited:

Jamie M

Thanks for the help Kev, my problem is I rest my hand fairly heavily on the bridge so putting it flat to the body will help. Too many years of playing hard tails I guess!!

Top Bottom