• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
How do they compare to the Suhr Moderns?

They're not that similar. I've had my modern for about a year, but neck profile, body wood, pickups, hardware are all very different. Neck is deeper on the modern, fretboard is flatter up high as well, jumbo frets vs the tall medium on the Sabre. They're both really light. I prefer the pickups on the Sabre, really clear & articulate. I replaced the gotoh 510 bridge on my modern with the new wilkinson w locking saddles, and also swapped the SSH+ in the bridge for an SSV+. I love them both, but they're pretty different.

wired

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
Wow! Really nice! What's the neck profile like? Is it similar to any of the EBMMs?

As far as the EBMMs that I've owned, I find it most similar to my JP15, but with a little more depth & a rounder fretboard radius. When I go from my Axis to the JP, it takes me a minute to adjust, but the Sabre is kind of in between the two. Really comfortable.

jlf599

Absolutely gorgeous. You're so not helping my internal fight against buying one. :)

They're not that similar. I've had my modern for about a year, but neck profile, body wood, pickups, hardware are all very different. Neck is deeper on the modern, fretboard is flatter up high as well, jumbo frets vs the tall medium on the Sabre. They're both really light. I prefer the pickups on the Sabre, really clear & articulate. I replaced the gotoh 510 bridge on my modern with the new wilkinson w locking saddles, and also swapped the SSH+ in the bridge for an SSV+. I love them both, but they're pretty different.

Thanks for the detailed reply, the modern was the only guitar in your list that I've played. Guess I'll just have to try out a Sabre myself.

JasonT

Cool guitar! Love the blue.

Do you hear or feel any differences between your two Sabres?

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
WIRED! Thanks for picking up TWO Sabre's! We are stoked to hear you love the definition in those pickups. Versatility and clarity were our main goals. These pickups are some of Dudley's last after retirement.

Top Bottom