• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

daneford

I tried to resist. Mostly. I totally failed.

I played a Sabre in GC a little while ago when I was picking up another guitar. Long story short, the guitar I bought got returned due to a microphonic pickup. Unfortunately for my wallet, the Sabre was still there and my regular sales guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I haven't seen much out there about these, but I can tell you they're awesome. The neck is on the thin side, but definitely feels more full than the Ibanez wizards I've played. Much more comfortable.

I don't know what magic ebmm worked with the pickups, but they're perfect. I know it's honeymoon time, but I can't find anything I don't like about this guitar. Setup was spot on straight off the rack.

I've got 25 years playing music man now, ever since I got my first guitar as a teenager.

Well done, Ball and Co!

No real beauty shots yet, been distracted by playing it.

20200831_180036.jpg
20200831_184054.jpg

beej

Oh man- congrats! Great to hear about the pickups.

These really do it for me. I'm trying really hard not to buy one.

daneford

Oh man- congrats! Great to hear about the pickups.

These really do it for me. I'm trying really hard not to buy one.

I've cycled through a stupid amount of guitars in the last 5 years. It's been really fun to try things. I just went through a huge purge and have been looking at high end super strats. Played a bunch, and they weren't bad but overall left me flat.

This nails it for me. Soooo good. I though about getting a bfr silo, but I don't really do the hard rock thing anymore. The Sabre feels like a "do anything" type of guitar.

That's a long winded way of saying "buy one!"

TripHazard

Man that finish is lovely. I’ve not owned a guitar of that style for a long time. I would like to get my hands on one of these eventually though. So many guitars to buy and not enough time/money LOL

GWDavis28

Wow Dane congrats I have a feeling we are going to be seeing more and more of these showing up here.

That neck looks great just from the top!!!

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom