• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

daneford

Long time lurker here.

My first guitar (almost 20 years ago now) was a Silhouette. It was stolen and later replaced with a sweet silhouette special, but I've missed having a 24 fret guitar with hsh pickups.

I came across a black silo with a black pickguard and, after staring at it online for a week, snagged it for a very reasonable price. I noticed it because it has dimarzio paf pros like my first guitar. Man, I've missed this. After minor adjustments it plays awesome. Hard to put down.

And now for the problem; I'm thinking about selling non MM gear to fund the purchase of a 20th anniversary Silhouette. Anybody want to talk me out of it?

jzeijen

And now for the problem; I'm thinking about selling non MM gear to fund the purchase of a 20th anniversary Silhouette. Anybody want to talk me out of it?

I'm afraid you will only find encouragement here to go that route.. Many of us have done the same :)

But do show some pics of your Silo!

mystixboi1

Enjoy your new guitar. I sold off a lot of guitars in the past few years to get my music mans. Nothing wrong with that at all

Tollywood

That sounds like more of a solution than a problem. haha :D

Welcome to the forum!

mikeller

Not me. I bought my first EBMM in 2007. Had several starts, Tele, Sg. Fast forward to 2014 I have 10 MM and no other makers and have never been happier and more comfortable.

mtrejo

A lot of members here have sold their gear for MM guitars. theres a 20th anni on the for sale thread at the moment at a killer price. I'd take a look.

Geetarfreek82

Thinking of doing the same... I have 2 Y2D's and I have been ruined. And after hanging out with Johnny Hiland and playing some of his guitars, I really want a couple silhouettes and definitely an SSS Albert Lee. EBMM stuff definitely can ruin you for other guitars!

xjbebop

""And now for the problem; I'm thinking about selling non MM gear to fund the purchase of a 20th anniversary Silhouette. Anybody want to talk me out of it?""
...what a silly question to ask here... :rolleyes:

However, I highly recommend you keep your favorite Tele though.... Tele's are special....

pentaspan

I'm selling my strat...not because I need the money to finance another guitar, but because it doesn't sound nearly as resonant as my silo spec (not to mention all the other updates a silo spec has over a strat)

I owned a really great sounding tele, too (sold it because I hated the bridge and shallow cutaway), but, surprisingly, my silo sounds just as good.

banjoplayer

your thread title is somehow wrong, because I can hardly see any problem!
Selling other things for better gear is absolutely normal. You have to decide what to keep and what not. Most of us have non-EBMMs too for the one or the other reason. But most of us think that EBMM has the best products

btw. congrats to your silo. Did anybody ask for pics already?

daneford

Finally got the pics to upload. The neck's got a nice, worn finish to it. I included one of my silo special as well.

Attachments

• 20141121_223105.jpg
    20141121_223105.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20141121_223159.jpg
    20141121_223159.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20141121_223300.jpg
    20141121_223300.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 123

daneford

""And now for the problem; I'm thinking about selling non MM gear to fund the purchase of a 20th anniversary Silhouette. Anybody want to talk me out of it?""
...what a silly question to ask here... :rolleyes:

However, I highly recommend you keep your favorite Tele though.... Tele's are special....

I had a nice tele that I tried to make friends with for about 10 years. I used it on exactly one recording for a slide part. I thought it was a cool guitar, but I was never reallly very attached to it. I finally came to conclusion that I might not be a tele guy. I might pick up a thinline with humbuckers eventually.

Traded the tele and some cash for a gibby firebird, also very cool, which I am now thinking about unloading for a 20th anniversary. I like the bird, but I figure I can always get another one. The 20th on the other hand might not come along as often.

daneford

And to everyone who replied so far, I came here looking for enablers. Thank you for not disappointing.

I owned or still own Gibson, Fender, Martin, Yamaha, Ibanez. I've met all the enthusiasts. The Music Man obsessed are by far my favorite.

Top Bottom