• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

behrens

Holy...

I had seriously underestimated how much I would love this guitar upon receiving it. Don't get me wrong, I knew I'd love it well, but damn...the neck is just sooooo smooth. The sounds are really diverse and I'm finding I'm using pickup selections I normally don't use. And chunk? It drives a JCM800 right into perfection.

I was also a bit nervous about not having fret markers on the fingerboard, but a friend told me I'd be surprised at how much I actually use the side markers and don't realize it. He was right! I've had zero issues getting around.

I also lucked out in getting the matching headstock model at the same price as the non-matching! Additionally, everyone is right in that the sparkle finish doesn't get justice in images. AT ALL. It's really actually pretty understated, but beautiful, in person.

Good lord. Thank you, EBMM!

Pics, since it wouldn't exist otherwise:
IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0016.jpg

behrens

Oh man... Looks like the Starry Night finish was MADE for the St. Vincent guitar! :)

Kevin

It really feels that way after seeing a few other models. Also, the guitar is just so small compared to others. I love how the body hugs to yours and feels very lightweight.

behrens

Wow! If I had one, I'd put a clear pickgard on it to let that finish shine through!

I'm wondering what the underneath looks like. You think it would be that clean cut under the pick guard and wouldn't have other routing showing?

MikeVt

Pete had one just like it in stock when I went down to pick up my Cutlass. It was a real stunner in person. Congrats!

Mike

Top Bottom