• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rbg

Actually... my Luke II as well. So I recently decided to switch from playing mostly Strats for al me life to EBMM Luke. L guitars were always most esthetically pleasing for me maybe bc I am coming from Strats or maybe bc Lukather is my favorite guitar player... who knows :). I had some fears about HH version, and even asked people here: HSS vs HH (again, but) in newest Luke III guitars. As many people are saying that Lukes have very unique feeling and proportions I decided to look some second hand instruments to try out first without paying the price of the new instrument. Luckily I found a really nice deal on what after some TLC ended up being a perfect condition LII. From the moment I took that instrument I realized that I am playing only L guitars from now on lol. That neck size and shape with the miniature body are just perfect for me. Also I was very very surprised how much I like the EMGs. So the question if I should get a new LIII with some nice grain and finish was closed -- of course I should. I immediately Started looking into grape of wrath and luscious green instruments. There was one complication, however. As I used to be a professional woodworker for some time grains and finishes are really super important to me. There were no nice (for me) luscious green species on the marked and the GoW BFR runs was quite some time ago with the best (again to my eye) example sold out. I called EBMM and had a really nice chat with people there and they told me that I should wait as they are preparing something very special for the next 2022 LIII BFR. So my anxious wait begun... Then somebody here posted that link to UK store with that rosewood neck and burl BFR and I was totally sold as that would be the most different instrument from everything I've owned. I became so afraid that I will miss on my new dream guitar so I started calling the dealers and asking if I should pre order. After calling many places I finally reached out to Pete, and what can I say: I never had such a nice experience and had no doubt that I want to get my guitar from his store. There was a risk buying a guitar blindly taking into account my desire for a specific grain, but I pulled the trigger (and I am so happy I did!) The wait was tough especially after other places started putting out their first arrivals. Some I liked and some were ok... Finally I got an email from Pete saying that my guitar arrived earlier "and what a beauty it is". Long story short, I am very happy with the guitar and in my opinion it is so far one of the prettiest one out there. That super dart rosewood that matches the ebony FB and the burl is so diverse and holographical. Photos just can't justify it especially how much it changes with the different lighting. So, here is my story. Sorry if it was too long, but you can just skip to the photos! :)
IMG_3552 3.jpg IMG_3555 2.jpg IMG_3578 2.jpg IMG_3589.jpg IMG_3331 2.JPG IMG_3586 2.jpg headstocks-1.jpg

Bungholi0

Wow congratulations, first private one we have seen. That side by side picture really shows the slight size difference between L2 and L3

GWDavis28

The Luke reminds me some of the 25th Anniversary Silo. Nice pair.

Glenn |B)

Rbg

Thank you Pete!

A side question: I like your new site a lot, but have you considered keeping “past sold guitars” as a separate tab? I always liked looking at some cool examples you had in the past.

PeteDuBaldo

Thank you Pete!

A side question: I like your new site a lot, but have you considered keeping “past sold guitars” as a separate tab? I always liked looking at some cool examples you had in the past.

Thanks, the new Musical Instruments, Accessories & Equipment | DuBaldo Music Center site launched on Wednesday!

A big difference between the old site and the new is that the old site showed every bit of inventory whether in stock or not, and it made things troublesome for customers to figure out what was in stock. Scrolling through a few hundred guitars in the EBMM category to figure out what was really in stock was frustrating, to say the least. If (behind the scenes) I marked something as out of stock and do not display, then it was no longer visible even to Google, which is bad for SEO and site ranking.

The new site only displays inventory that is in stock or available to backorder. Previously sold and of stock items are still searchable via Google or the search bar on the site (don't actually click search and they populate as you type). I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to code for one category to display all the time, which would enable me to easily maintain a dedicated recently sold gallery.

Top Bottom