• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tx_Greg

So is it St Patricks Day? CHECK!
So green is a good thing? CHECK!
So a green guitar should be incoming? CHECK!
So you planned your day to be home for the delivery? CHECK!
So UPS is behind again? CHECK!....dadgummit.

And so the wait goes on as I abandon most of my duties to continually stroll by the front door to check the window for the BBT (Big Brown Truck :) ).

Unboxing later....I hope!

jlf599

Ha! FedEx just arrived with my new-to-me Firemist Purple Luke. Giving it time to acclimate before opening.

GWDavis28

I'll be checking this thread as often as you look out your window!

Hahahahahahaha.

Greg, the waiting is the hardest part!!! Then you've gotta wait for it to adjust temperature wise right?

Good luck, can't wait to see what green guitar it is. Glenn |B)

Tx_Greg

Hahahahahahaha.

Greg, the waiting is the hardest part!!! Then you've gotta wait for it to adjust temperature wise right?

Good luck, can't wait to see what green guitar it is. Glenn |B)

We'll see about the wait time Glen.... I'll check the case temp to see if it's cooler than here, but I doubt it will be. It didn't have to travel that far and spent 3 days in transit...but once it's landed, I'll be better sorted. :)

edhalen

Great thread....we've all been there.... :) Enjoy the anticipation.....and opening the case.....and the smell..... and....and.... :)

Tx_Greg

Great thread....we've all been there.... :) Enjoy the anticipation.....and opening the case.....and the smell..... and....and.... :)

LOL I know that's right edhalen. And in this modern age of wonderful technology (which provides my living BTW) UPS has that "follow my delivery" feature where you can SEE where the truck is...it's playing with me, toying with me...close, then moves away. I gotta talk to my UPS dude. LOL

Tx_Greg

Well it made it. I haven't gotten to spend any time at all playing it because a contractor has been here and now we have to go visit a site...but I'll report later tonight. I have of course plugged it in and I'm thrilled with the humbucker tone. Action is a little high for me but I'll take care of that when I restring it and do a setup. I can honestly say it's a beautiful piece. I apologize for the sloppy pics, but I'm not used to the pic attachment feature of this forum.

InCase.jpg Standfront.jpg

Attachments

• Backstand.jpg
    Backstand.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 69

GWDavis28

WOW :eek: Greg that's awesome!!!!

PS Make sure you add it to the Albert Lee thread.

Congrats, Glenn |B)

dalto

Congrats! I have been enjoying mine. It is different than my other ALs.

jlf599

Well it made it. I haven't gotten to spend any time at all playing it because a contractor has been here and now we have to go visit a site...but I'll report later tonight. I have of course plugged it in and I'm thrilled with the humbucker tone. Action is a little high for me but I'll take care of that when I restring it and do a setup. I can honestly say it's a beautiful piece. I apologize for the sloppy pics, but I'm not used to the pic attachment feature of this forum.

View attachment 37786 View attachment 37788

Gorgeous! I've never been seriously tempted by the ALs before this BFR run...but between the pickups and the finish on this one, it almost got me. :)

Congrats!

J

Tx_Greg

Gorgeous! I've never been seriously tempted by the ALs before this BFR run...but between the pickups and the finish on this one, it almost got me. :)

Congrats!

J

Thanks so much!
I really really loved my AL HH...probably the most comfortable guitar I've ever played...but I also really really love single coils...real ones. So I sold the HH and bought a SSS...which I knew better than to do, because I also really really love a Bucker in the bridge. So I sold it, and just moved on. I had recently gotten hold of a super nice Cutlass and absolutely loved the tonal range .... then they dropped these. So...bye Cutlass (luckily I was still in the approval period), hello BFR. I would have bought this guitar had it been a non-BFR (and saved some dough) for the comfort of the AL and the pickup combo...I hope they start making a HSS version. I love this thing.

Top Bottom