• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ozzello

Absolutely LOVE the aluminum bronze light gauges on my Martin D35, BUT and I don't mind that the G string breaks once in a while UNTIL I go to buy a single... or 6 singles.

EB website says find a supplier, so I ordered through my local music store, "2 weeks". 4 weeks later, his EB order comes in, but my 6 pack of 022s isn't there. After he investigates for an hour, EB tells him they almost never if ever sell these strings in singles.

I now have 5 brand new packs of lights with no G string, and going to another manufacturer for my strings. So sad because these strings sound GREAT. But not at 10 bucks a G string.

Ozzello

Customer service tells me to re-order through my retailer. Feels like the run around. Time to stop giving these strings out as gifts and buying 5 or 6 packs a month it seems. If I can't replace broken strings at this company, I'll find another.

beej

Frustrating! Though this sounds like a misunderstanding between your dealer and EB. You have an answer from customer service, so I'm not sure we can add much value here.

On another note- is there a reason why you're breaking the G string so often? Is it breaking in the same place every time?

Ozzello

After much back n forth (telling me to re order thru my dealer), they (EB) figured out do not have .022 Alum Br available in singles or single string 6 packs. They did send me FREE of CHARGE some 020s (extra light). They don't have enough tension to work on my resonator, might be ok on the Martin for around the house and solo work. Haven't seen if they the volume to keep up with the rest of the reg light guage pack yet in a group setting.

I am breaking the same string (and the occasional D string) because I am playing bluegrass acoustically with a full band and no amplification, and I guess I pick pretty hard, when I try to get a little louder for breaks, etc. I do break a G string now and again when playing with no amplification, so being able to replace the occasional G string without using a whole set of strings is pretty important, no matter how much I love the tone and feel of these Aluminum Bronze strings.

Top Bottom