• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jimi D

Check it out!

ebay auction for 5 Axes

Obviously, the poor soul has completely lost his mind; what else could explain his desire to divest himself of five such lovely instruments? Of course, they're a little pricey, but still... It's too bad I didn't get a tax refund this year :(

tvanveen

Looks like someone had to make a big tax payment.

Boy, that's a crazy quilt on that green one.

Warg Master

that is a bit much, even for 5 of them.

I agree, I need to see head stocks as well.

GWDavis28

$1600.00 (as a Buy it now) a piece is a little bit steep don't you think. They are nice, but man that's some dough.

Well some people think the world of these instruments and I'd have to say that I am one.

shreder75

I think that's a little on the pricey side as well...

not to say that they aren't gorgeous..each color is great!

EVH_5150

Green quilt

:eek: Yeah that greenie quilt is sweeeeeeeeeeeet,...

:( Speaking of taxes I just deposited 7 grand for taxes!!

I am so pissed!!!!!:mad:

!*%^#!^$@&!!!!!!!

Now I have to sell my beloved Steinberger GL2Ta on ebay this week! jUST TO GET MONEY TO LIVE ON.

I Hate TAXES!!!! %#*^%@*@!!!!!!! :mad:

pack-rat

OrangeChannel said:
I need to see headstocks.

For sure; I was thinking about that too

Usually when you buy "bulk" you get a price cut.
I guess he needs cash ASAP

Also in U.S. is there no source deduction for income tax ?
just curious

Last edited:

OrangeChannel

Depends on what tax bracket you fall into. As well, it may mean that someone's been skimping. Justkidding bro.

On that auction tip. Who knows if those aren't repros. The stocks are conveniently left out. That's why I said I need to see 'em. Wasn't there a guy that made identical knock offs for like $400 a piece? They LOOKED the same, and I thought they came in those colors.

dwf1004

My skepticism would be due to the fact that Axis guitars were never produced in pink (unless I'm mistaken!) With that, no headstocks...how convenient.

I would tread very lightly on that auction if I were someone showing interest (not me, Lord knows I sure as hell don't have that type pf coin to lay down on it, or anything for that matter!)

And Orange, you're probably thinking of Mean Street Guitars, more specifically http://www.meanstreetguitars.com/intruder.htm

I LOVE that quilt on the green one. WOW!

But now i was wondering about the part in his description of the green one where he says
Fifth and last, is the rare TRANSLUCENT GREEN finish. This was never a "stock" finish by EBMM. It was a limited run in 2001.

Is this true? Maybe it is as I don't see green listed as a color choice in the Blue Book of guitars (although it's been known to be shaky at best when it comes to guitar details)

I have a green one and don't think it's a big deal.. As a matter of fact, I'm going to trade it for a teal one as soon as possible..

OrangeChannel

OrangeChannel said:
Depends on what tax bracket you fall into. As well, it may mean that someone's been skimping. Justkidding bro.

On that auction tip. Who knows if those aren't repros. The stocks are conveniently left out. That's why I said I need to see 'em. Wasn't there a guy that made identical knock offs for like $400 a piece? They LOOKED the same, and I thought they came in those colors.

'Zactly where I was going with that. I mean seriously tho, take a look at the finishes they offer those cheapies in, and there's no need to wonder why I'd be leary with that auction. Without picturing the neck heel and the headstock methinks someone is going to get taken for one expensive ride if ythey're not careful, in fact....I just sent him an email asking for pics of the neck heel and headstocks. I'll report back with my findings. Bwahahahaha.

mesavox

On the green one you can see the shadow of the headstock. Maybe someone is trained enough to see slight differences from the MM shape and some of the knock offs... I dunno. I've never seen the replicas being mentioned.

Seems odd though when you can get Axis' for 900 pretty much every day of the week used. I saw a brand new one for 1300 not too long ago. Rare colors don't make that much difference since they weren't anything specially marketed by EB from what I have gathered.

Also, he would have more luck selling them seperately. Why would someone limit thier cashflow like that by selling them as one piece?

OrangeChannel

Unless theyre like consecutive serials, which you see some companies do, thaen I personally don't think it makes a difference. Especially when finishes some times come back and then go again. I used to salivate over tranny green's but not so much anymore. Tastes change. But I don't think charging double the price that the lot would sell for is gonna get him anywhere.

Update!!!!

I got pics of all the stocks plus the neck heels of everyone save for the teal. They're legit it seems, tho he said that the neck plate on the teal one isn't flush mounted. Hmmm. He asked why I wanted to see the pics and where I was from. I said the Axis police.

Last edited:

puppiesonacid

good work agent Orange ;)

Can you post those pics? just so we can see them for ourselves... ill have to admit i saw that one too and i was swept up in the fantasy of having 8 grand to drop on that auction. Although i said in the past that i didnt like Axis's i recant that as i played one that wasnt properly set up nor taken care of. poor guitar...

GOd bless,

Tony

OrangeChannel

Truth be told, the auction realy isn't worth the 8 large. But they appear to be in pristine condition. I wonder if they'd fell off the truck. Ha. I need to resize the images in order to post them, for whatever reason the guy sent me some massively large ones.

Top Bottom