• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Merry Christmas to one and all (and if Christmas isn't your thing, well then Happy Holidays to you and yours)!

Welcome to Day 4 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days thingy. Be sure to check out NYNGD #2014-1, NYNGD #2014-2, and NYNGD #2014-3!

So, I know that yesterday's NYNGD was a little unsexy -- a standard JP13 in a "that top doesn't suck any more or less than all the other JP13 tops". Let's try something cool and retro and a little less common. A 1997 Axis Sport in Trans Green with a pickguard and H-S-S pickup config and a (you guessed it) Vintage Trem!

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

photo_0004.jpg

Now, these are fairly rare. You don't see them often and when you do, given their age, they can be pretty beat up. This one is in fairly good shape and plays really well! And yes, it has the Vintage Trem which is no longer a negative for me as it has been in years past.

A fun story about this one: At the Philly Guitar Show this past November, @Derek, @Glen, @Geetarfreek82 and I were hanging in the EBMM booth with Johnny Hiland and Johnny brought a Trans Red Axis Sport (hardtail) and he was raving about it. I told him that I had just bought this green one on eBay and he was like, "That was you?!? I was thinking about buying that one too!"

I'll be back tomorrow with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day!

Thanks for looking everyone!

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. My answer is here!)

Stratty316

Love the green Axis Sport! Mine is easily one of my favorite guitars ... I actually was looking at this auction as well and the wife said "really, isn't that the exact same guitar?" lol... Good thing she did as the next day I pulled the trigger on my Silo Spec.

Enjoy, these are killer tone monsters. I miss the Axis Sport and would love to see EBMM reissue it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Razzle

That is a really cool guitar, retro is good! I like that green. I have one of those in purple also a '97, took me forever to find one.

CHill

Jeff, although this Axis Sport is not as exclusive as some others in your collection, this is one of my favourites. Good find. Keep me posted if it is not a keeper. Cheers, C.

Top Bottom