• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Days! NYNGD #2021-14
Welcome to Day 14 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days (NYNGD)!

Thanks for the kind words and comments on NYNGD #2021-13!

AND THEN THERE WERE THREE.

Alright. Now, I know what you're going to say... "Jeff, have you lost your mind?!? There's no way NYNGD #2021-14 is better than the amazing Roasted Amber quilt top on NYNGD #2021-11, and there's FOR SURE know way that NYNGD #2021-14 is better than the stunning classic Natural EVH that was NYNGD #2021-13."

Whelp, as I said, when you get down to the final five or six guitars, they could really go in any order (except maybe the Grand Finale -- I'm pretty sure that will be universally agreed to be the appropriate final guitar of the year).

Here's what I do know, today's NYNGD is an absolutely stunning Luke III in the limited, Vault-only Gasoline finish. This finish (along with its gold hardware and roasted maple neck and fretboard) is just amazing. Like... I have this on a stand in my studio right by my main rig. And literally you turn around in the studio and see it and can't help but smile. It looks SO GOOD. The way the finish bursts from red on the edge to orange/gold in the middle... it's just awesome. And, as usual, my photography skills really can't do it justice...

This guy plays really well, has a perfect neck, super-low action, and sounds awesome. A real triumph!

And, BTW... for those of you who were asking, "Jeff, where do you find these awesome guitars?" about NYNGD #2021-13, this amazing Luke III Gasoline is available to ship NOW in the EBMM Vault -- in both HH and HSS. Go buy one now!

I'll be back in a few days with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day! We're almost finished the 2021 run -- only 2 left! Thanks for looking everyone!

large_0001.jpg

large_0002.jpg

large_0003.jpg

large_0004.jpg

large_0005.jpg

large_0006.jpg

large_0007.jpg

large_0008.jpg

large_0009.jpg

large_0010.jpg

classes_1992-2021.jpg

Past Days:
The new EBMM message board limits the number of characters in a post so I can't put a list of direct links in the post. Click here for an index.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

GWDavis28

Ah Jeff, very nice, I have seen these in the Vault. The color is really different huh? That's another great neck. When you got this from the Vault, were you able to see it before you bought it?

Glenn |B)

dibart77

When you got this from the Vault, were you able to see it before you bought it?

No. I suspect the bodies all look the same (nothing translucent here). So you're at the luck of the draw on the neck, but honestly it's rare to say, "That's a dud EBMM roasted maple neck." They're all pretty special.

Sweat

Sweet, was not crazy about that color on the EBMM site but your pictures give it a whole new clarity and I like it. Nice one!

Mixolydian82

They need to hire you to take the photos they post on their website. 😂

Insanely good photos of an insanely beautiful guitar.

Bungholi0

Thanks Jeff. I've been waiting to see some good photos of this colour. The outside looks more like burnt orange than red. And looks like it has some metallic in it?

thegregslife

Hey Jeff, which guitar model is that EVH frankie from 2005? Is it just a Wolfgang?

Also, did you get your site back up and running? :)

dibart77

Hey Jeff, which guitar model is that EVH frankie from 2005? Is it just a Wolfgang?

Also, did you get your site back up and running? :)
A Wolfgang? No, never. If you mean an EBMM EVH, yes!

No, I never got the site up and running. Life is too busy and, if I redo it I want it to be super responsive (morphs to work well on a web browser, on an iPhone, on a tablet, etc.) and honestly to do that correctly it's beyond my knowledge. I am a software engineer by training but these days I'm mostly a manager and it takes time to learn new stuff and I'm just too busy. I tried to start coding up a responsive version and ended up throwing in the towel...

Top Bottom