• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Welcome to Day 5 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days (NYNGD)!

Thanks for the kind words and comments on NYNGD #2021-4!

Today's NYNGD celebrates the Silhouette in the amazing Snowy Night limited run from the Vault. Snowy Night is, in a word, awesome. It's a glistening pearl white with "glass" in it (not a uniform sparkle finish but instead bits of sparkle randomly, which auto guys call "glass") and then a gray (with the tiniest hint of purple/lavender) burst. The white part really does mimic snow glistening in the sun, and the bursted edges look like snow as dusk sets in. Interestingly, my burst is a lot less pronounced than the ones in the photos in the Vault, but honestly I like this better. It's way more subtle!

Chrome hardware, white pickguard and HSH pickups, and a roasted maple neck and fretboard. The roasted maple on this one is interesting -- it's lighter than a lot of the other EBMM roasted and has neither flames nor birdseye in the grain. A very "plain" neck that's a change of pace.

This guitar sounds and plays really well, although a Floyd version would be welcomed. 😆

What do you all think? A classic, I say. And it's always good to see the Silo getting some love. $2799 in the Vault, and only 5 Silo's left! Go get one FAST!

I'll be back soon with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day! Thanks for looking everyone!

large_0001.jpg

large_0002.jpg

large_0003.jpg

large_0004.jpg

large_0005.jpg

large_0006.jpg

large_0007.jpg

large_0008.jpg

large_0009.jpg

large_0010.jpg

large_0011.jpg

classes_1992-2021.jpg

Past Days:
The new EBMM message board limits the number of characters in a post so I can't put a list of direct links in the post. Click here for an index.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

fbecir

Really classy
Not sure about a Floyd Rose version. The MusicMan is good enough for me !!! (but I don't spend the night doing dive bombs ...)

Sweat

Sweet, have wanted a Silo Special version just never been able to completely pull the trigger.

Cool color, congrats that's a great guitar, so far 5 fantastic guitars, keep them coming!! :)

jmmp

Such a beautiful instrument. EBMM really does well with the “night” finishes (starry, snowy). I’d have bought one of these by now if they had stainless frets.

headcrash

Holy...!!! I totally forgot about that color! Thanks Jeff for the reminder :D

White(-ish) colors don't seem to get much love these days, don't they? So this color is kinda against the trend, maybe forming a new trend ? ;)

Top Bottom