• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mork2112

After years of drooling, and selling off some gear I no longer play (including a beautiful Taylor 314ce) I am going to place an order for a majesty! This will easily be the most expensive guitar I will probably ever buy and the finishing options are stressing me out! ha, in a good way.

Right now I am leaning towards that hot purple flame/sparkle like this one: 71joDuoSp3L._SY679_.jpg

Is there anything I should be aware of? I am basically at the mercy of the models carried by my local Long McQuade store (canadian big box retailer)

johnnyboogie

Yes, addiction!! =D

Take your time to decide which finish you like the most, and bear in mind that the finish is usually darker and richer in person. That's good of course.

Mork2112

Yes, addiction!! =D

Take your time to decide which finish you like the most, and bear in mind that the finish is usually darker and richer in person. That's good of course.

Thanks! So. That purple isn't even an option for the 2019 version? If I wanted it, I think that is the monarchy Majesty? Wondering out loud what I should do. Newer model (2019) vs something else

johnnyboogie

It really depends on what finish you like the most. The guitar is basically the same with only minor differences that do not reflect on the quality of the instrument.

The Majesty line is: Majesty, Artisan Majesty, Monarchy Majesty and now that all previous finished are discontinued they call it once again simply Majesty.

The Majestic Purple is a Monarchy Majesty. Discontinued by now unfortunately. So, seems like your chance to grab one =D

acwild

Congrats! The Majesty is one of the most comfortable guitars that I've ever played. And it sounds great in all the pickup positions. No matter which one you choose, I think you're gonna be happy that you bought one.

bellaswail

Man... Sweetwater has the purple im looking for way cheaper than what I can it for here in Canada (thats even in CAD) Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Monarchy Majesty Electric Guitar | Musician's Friend but they don't ship to Canada :(

Sweetwater rep was like "if you know someone in the USA, ship it there, and then get them to ship it to you"

SO close yet so far away haha.

Hey, did you try checking it out on Musician's Friend's eBay page here?

Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Monarchy Majesty Elec Guitar Majestic Purple 190839109972 | eBay

They have the same exact sale for the Purple Majesty for $2199.99 (US) on their eBay page, and the exclusions only say Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America

May be worth giving a shot. It's such a deep sale so hopefully there is a way to get it done!

Mork2112

Hey, did you try checking it out on Musician's Friend's eBay page here?

Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Monarchy Majesty Elec Guitar Majestic Purple 190839109972 | eBay

They have the same exact sale for the Purple Majesty for $2199.99 (US) on their eBay page, and the exclusions only say Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America

May be worth giving a shot. It's such a deep sale so hopefully there is a way to get it done!

Damn, even better. No shipping to Canada still on that page as well. Damn.

bellaswail

Damn, even better. No shipping to Canada still on that page as well. Damn.

Aw man, that actually makes me a bit mad that they don't ship to Canada. They should at least give you the option to pay extra for shipping to get it sent there.

Unless it's due to a customs issue, considering the value of the item maybe?

beej

FYI, US dealers aren't allowed to sell new items outside of the US, with some exceptions (NOS pieces, etc.). EBMM has a dealer network in place to service customers in their own countries. (Which you will appreciate if you buy an instrument that needs warranty work ...)

bellaswail

FYI, US dealers aren't allowed to sell new items outside of the US, with some exceptions (NOS pieces, etc.). EBMM has a dealer network in place to service customers in their own countries. (Which you will appreciate if you buy an instrument that needs warranty work ...)

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't even thinking about it from EBMM's end

Mace13

Hi, be aware the 2019 Majesty's have different pick-ups than the 2018 version. I have not heard a comparison yet to hear how similar or different they are. But, that may be something to check out before dropping the cash on a new Majesty.

Daniel

We try to recommend not buying across international borders. Some wood types are not allowed to be shipped internationally without proper certifications. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are sent to distributors that can handle not only the legal import and export of our instruments into their country, but also handle any possible warranty issues for that specific instrument. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are also only warrantied within the country in which they were originally distributed.

Mork2112

We try to recommend not buying across international borders. Some wood types are not allowed to be shipped internationally without proper certifications. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are sent to distributors that can handle not only the legal import and export of our instruments into their country, but also handle any possible warranty issues for that specific instrument. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are also only warrantied within the country in which they were originally distributed.

Thanks alot Daniel; appreciate the info. I am legit wondering (I have never done this before). If I bought one in the USA and tried to take it across border into Canada via plane...could there be problems with that?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - just really trying to find one of these specific models and options in Canada seem...slim.

beej

You can (again, discouraged), but keep in mind that you'd need to ship it back to the US at your cost for any warranty work.

Another option is to email the CS guys and see if a dealer somewhere in Canada has one. They're pretty good at tracking things down.

spacebard

Thanks alot Daniel; appreciate the info. I am legit wondering (I have never done this before). If I bought one in the USA and tried to take it across border into Canada via plane...could there be problems with that?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - just really trying to find one of these specific models and options in Canada seem...slim.

I got my guitar from Axe Palace via UPS. Just make sure the guitar is insured.

The risk is if you buy from a dealer outside your country a guitar with restricted wood and with no permit (It is the seller that needs to get the permit), the guitar will be seized at the borders and you will lose both your guitar and money.

Since the majesty model have a ebony fretboard, I think it should be ok if you order one with no problem, it would be a different story if the guitar have rosewood because it is a wood protected by CITES policies.

You'd better get the info from CITES just to be sure. Canada | CITES

I just saw the purple majesty on Axe Palace has been sold.

Top Bottom