• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

visalo

Help me out here: Honest opinion on how this neck looks? This is a brand new 2021 Luke III. Would be getting a good price on it locally.
Definitely a "one of its kind", but I'm trying to make up my mind if I like it / am ok with it ... of course it's just about appearance, but still :rolleyes:

neck.png - Google Drive

racerx

Its up to you - it wouldn't bother me at all if I didn't have a choice and I was getting a great deal. I'm lucky I recently picked up one of the limited Eddie's Luke 3s with a killer flame, but I also have another with an "average" back and it doesn't bother me at all. Both are absolute killers to play and are very comfortable. The necks on MMs are what converted me and led me to drop all my other guitars, they're an absolute joy to play (and IMO at least) the most important part of playing the guitar. The only MM neck I didn't like was the BFR Cutlass with binding that felt a bit too sharp for my liking.

tl;dr: Its up to you - if its a player it shouldn't matter. If its a collector's/flip guitar, then maybe you want to haggle more or find something else.

GWDavis28

I'm with RacerX, in the end you have to live with it and be happy with it. I've got a couple that are plain jane necks and not much birdseye and such and to me it doesn't matter. The necks are super stable and the guitars are the best, so to me, I'm good.

If you ever decide to sell it, more than likely it'll matter to others in the end.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

Looks fine to me. There are some "mineral streaks", which happen in curly maple. It's also REALLY difficult to truly picture figured maple. I have some that looked kinda flat in pictures but POPPED in person.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
With the kind of 'light box' it's in, the grain may be somewhat washed out compared to what it looks like in person. Either way, I think it's really nice and I would not hesitate to snatch it up. If it's a photo from a store, what do other necks look like in their photos?

Ninemile

that neck looks great to m. very pretty. I also love the Cali Bear stamp. Both of mine have the old version

EBMM_EVH_1992

Depends how the neck feels plays and sounds. The neck on my Luke 1 feels awesome, it's not as pretty as some, but I wouldn't swap it.

Top Bottom