• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drewbixcubed

Dan: I did a quick one for you and the others out there.

ebmmTREMblockBACK1.jpg

A= Trem Bar Tension Adjustment (spin control)
B= Bar Spring Mounting Screw.
C= Bar Spring (this is what the notch in your trem bar hits to keep it in the trem)

For those with piezo, your piezo junction board is mounted on the opposite side.

CORRECT. You shouldn't have to mess with B and C. Use A to adjust how freely you prefer your whammy bar to spin around.

I would think that it adjusts the depth of the trem bar to make sure it contacts the locking spring at the correct spot.

CORRECT. The original screw in question allows the user to adjust where the "final" position of the whammy bar rests in order to locate it in the ideal position for the bar spring ("C" in attached picture). If the screw is in too far, then the whammy bar won't snap in; if the screw is not in far enough, then the bar will be able to move in and out because the barspring is not aligned with the slot on the whammy bar.

Hope this answers everyone's questions.

peedo_deedo

CORRECT. You shouldn't have to mess with B and C. Use A to adjust how freely you prefer your whammy bar to spin around.

CORRECT. The original screw in question allows the user to adjust where the "final" position of the whammy bar rests in order to locate it in the ideal position for the bar spring ("C" in attached picture). If the screw is in too far, then the whammy bar won't snap in; if the screw is not in far enough, then the bar will be able to move in and out because the barspring is not aligned with the slot on the whammy bar.

Hope this answers everyone's questions.

if i may ask a follow up question... what is the safest way/method of adjusting screw A. My whammy bar spins around like crazy and i am interested in adjusting it so it's a little bit tighter like my other JP.

thanks a lot

chrisallen

yeah. just dive the trem a bit... make sure you keep it down!!! so when you stick the allen wrench in there, it doesn't spring up and dent the trem cavity cuz the wrench is still in the screw!

peedo_deedo

yeah. just dive the trem a bit... make sure you keep it down!!! so when you stick the allen wrench in there, it doesn't spring up and dent the trem cavity cuz the wrench is still in the screw!

thanks a lot for the advices... do you happen to know (or does anyone knows) the right size of allen wrench that fits on screw A? i only have limited sizes on hand and i wanna make sure i know what the right size is before i go buy one...

thanks a lot

peedo_deedo

wow... that small huh. the smallest i have right now is 1/16. i dont know the equivalent of this in metric but i definitely need to get that smaller wrench at home depot tonight after i get off work.

thanks guys for your help.

Berme

Hi!

Sorry for the super necromancy! Also this is my first post. I already contacted Music Man support for this matter, but no reply for the moment.

Anyway, I'm very happy with my Jason Richardson 7-string guitar. However, every time I tighten the Trem Bar Tension Adjustment Screw (for the spin control), it gets completely loose after 15 days approximately, even without using the whammy bar during those days.

Is there a proper method for making this adjustment? Any trick you could tell me to help keeping the bar in place at least for a much longer period of time? Or this the way it is and I should get used to it?

All the best, waiting for your answer.

Johnny Alien

I don't know if this is "proper" but if it were me I would remove the grub screw add a spot of "lock tite" to it and then reinsert it. That should stop it from moving.

beej

That would do it. Or replace the screw.

I recently replaced a grub screw that wouldn't tighten properly. Took a few seconds and fixed the problem.

racerx

I can't resist... :)

HOW DO YOU KNOW?!?

<ducks and runs>
Lets just say long story short - a pot I "fixed" for a friend was VERY VERY comfortable in its home after getting baptized by Loctite. So comfortable in fact it didn't want to leave when the same friend wanted to replace his pups/pots/switches with new stuff!

Top Bottom