• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ex3.8

Hey there all!
Can someone tell me what Di marzio's I can get to.....
1) match the ones in the VH & Axis bridge..
2) That will fit directly in my silhouette special
3) Does this affect the silent circuit?

I find that after 8 mths i need more torke from the bridge posi.

Thanks..:confused:

twinsrock365

Before you switch pu's, if you haven't done this yet,
try raising the poles about 2 full turns on your pickup.
I was a little bummed with my Sil/Special bridge PU at first
then I raised the poles and it matched my other guitars very close.

NorM

Without being any help I would like to answer your questions. Please bear in mind that I am only doing this to be a Smart Alec. You see I have been a Smart Alec for a long time. The hours are good and there is no heavy lifting. Anyway, here are the answers to your questions.

1) No.

2) No.

3) No.

Thank you for posting on the Ernie Ball Music Man Guitar Forum. In an effort to help us improve, please take the time to fill out the survey.

:) Yes this helped

:rolleyes: This post kind of helped but not really

:mad: The information provided was not helpful

dwf1004

Hey, can someone take norm outside to get him some fresh air? I think he needs it, because he's been sniffing something... :p

ex, if you search the board for "tone zone", you should be able to find some info on that pickup. That is what DiMarzio and other folks have said got the closest, and some are not happy with it (too bright, not even close, etc.) Take a look see and see what you can find. The best way that you would get these types of pickups would be to strip them directly out of an EVH or Axis, but that would be pure massacre, IMHO.

Size wise, I would figure that your typical humbucker, for the most part, is the same size. However, I'm not an expert or supremely knowledgeable about this stuff (I know enough to get myself in trouble, otherwise I just play, man!), but should be the same. Anyone here is welcome to correct me as needed.

Finally, since I'm a new Sil owner in waiting (and counting the days!), I'm not overly familiar with the deeper concepts of the S.C., aside from the general hum cancelling concept, etc. -- I feel that this would be a better question for our good folks Derek, Brian, or Jon to answer. They have in's with people there, you know... ;)

So, one out of 3 isn't bad, right? ;) Come on norm, let's go outside and look at the pretty clouds! ;)

ex3.8

Thanks for the info.... I spent alot of time on the Di Marzio site listening to clips, looking and comparing charts and so on...
I have a Bill Lawrence L500L in my Van Halenised strat and i love it! The only thing is, I waited like 4 months to get it and don't want to wait another 4. Also, the last Dimarzio i bought was an X2N Plus back in 1984 ( cheech) and after reading reviews and actually e-mailling a user on HC i decided to go ahead and order one from my local shop..... I WILL keep Y'all posted.....EH!:p

the_g_man

ex3.8 said:
Thanks for the info.... I spent alot of time on the Di Marzio site listening to clips, looking and comparing charts and so on...
I have a Bill Lawrence L500L in my Van Halenised strat and i love it! The only thing is, I waited like 4 months to get it and don't want to wait another 4. Also, the last Dimarzio i bought was an X2N Plus back in 1984 ( cheech) and after reading reviews and actually e-mailling a user on HC i decided to go ahead and order one from my local shop..... I WILL keep Y'all posted.....EH!:p

X2N???

A Tom Anderson H3+ will go toe to toe with your Lawrence:D
I have a plain old H3 in my Warmoth/Kramer guitar, and it sounds incredible. I WILL upgrade to the H3+ one of these days. FWIW, my cheap-ass everyday player has a PRS HFS (Hot, Fat, Screams) that came off an early 90's Paul Reed Smith.

If anyone is still wondering why I complain endlessly about the EMG's in my Luke, that's why. I love the EMG single coils, but I hate the 85, and I'm not sure the 81 is a solution to my problem.

Tom Anderson RULES!

Gary

Top Bottom