• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jmmcda1956

I purchased a set of Group 2 Flats. 50/105. The bass is a Squier PB with a 34" neck. This is what I have. Note the E string which is slightly too long in the stainless portion to fit into the tuners.
eb.jpg

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I think you're OK, I recall reading somewhere that it's not a big problem, (Bass Players, feel free to jump in here and correct me)

But if you're in the US you could pickup the phone and ask (Monday thru Thursday). Toll free 1-800-543-2255, ask for Customer Service and tell them you have a bass string question.

I have a set installed on my 74 pbass, they fit fine… from your picture I’m not sure what is going on.. the stings should be installed like this

Last edited:

jmmcda1956

I have a set installed on my 74 pbass, they fit fine… from your picture I’m not sure what is going on.. the stings should be installed like this
And does the metal portion on the E string reach the tuner? Only the fabric portion of the string should wrap the tuners, or so I have been told, and the metal should not wrap the tuners. In my case, as in the picture, the E string is simply too long to do this. I have a set of LaBellas on another bass and the metal portion on all strings ends at the same 5/8" past the nut.

It does. i personally have never had an issue with this on basses with the larger vintage style shafts.

On a bass with smaller modern tuners though, it might break the string as the radius tighter.

Top Bottom