• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

beeper

My daughter has the BFR St Vincent. The autograph on the back is starting to wear off. The signature is on the plate on the back. Is there anything I could spray it with to protect it? Or should I just order a plate from EB?

GWDavis28

73h Nils

Clear nail polish if you want to keep it attached. I haven't personally done it but know people that have and it seemed to work. That being said, just buy a spare cover plate and swap it.

dibart77

This is simple: a replacement trem cover is $10. Putting nail polish or whatever over it will mess with the signed plate and ruin its authenticity, which to me seems even worse than it wearing off. The only valid solution is to replace the signed plate with a new plate and put the signed one in a ziplock and put it somewhere safe.

Astrofreq

I have used those laminate report covers over signatures before. Basically a clear sticker that I cut to size then stick over the signature.

Spudmurphy

I have a signed plate by Steve Vai and Albert Lee.
My mate (a guitar builder/repairer) misted it with many coats of lacquer. he did this when he was spraying some of his custom built acoustics, so there was no charge. he literally had to mist it many times .... as opposed to flooding it. It came out great !

Top Bottom