• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ashdrive2010

I’m hoping someone can help - I am attempting to replace the battery box for my early 00’s 4-string Sterling (battery acid leak) and after hunting YouTube, I couldn’t find anyone having done that but I am hoping for some guidance about how to safely remove the preamp to solder in the new wires, does anyone here have anything that can support me? I could likely figure it out but it’s not something I want to fumble my way through if I can help it

Thanks in advance!!

rhythmCity944

Someone probably has a picture or schematic, but the plastic battery boxes are relatively simple to replace. Should just have 4 screws and 2 wires (red/black) that are fed through a hole into the main preamp cavity under the control plate. I would suspect the wires are soldered to the PCB.

If you are not comfortable doing this job, take it to a repair tech.

danny-79

Good advice! Take great care not to break wires off the new battery box. If you try to solder the old wires to the box, it'll melt. Ask me how I know. :LOL:
Yeah.... been there done that. If you do need to solder onto them they do remove from the plastic (the copper terminals that is)

Top Bottom