• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Thename

Hi everybody,

I’m new here, last year I bought an 2010 EBMM JP6 white finish, gorgeous guitar, and plays like heaven, best guitar I’ve ever owned, hands down.

Recently the piezo in the high E saddle stopped working, no sound at all. I contacted Customer service and they told me I needed to replace the saddles and because my guitar it’s a 2010 one, I would need also to replace the preamp because of an output issue (With the new saddles the output would be much much lower with the old preamp).
So, I decided to buy the preamp and saddles. However, Customer Service is asking me to send them back my original preamp in order to buy the new one. This for me is kind of risky cause I live in another country and, we all know that postal services aren’t that reliable. I’m really worried about this, cause what would happen if it gets lost on the mail? Will they sell me that preamp either way?
Does anyone has experienced a procedure like this with EBMM before? Is there another there way I could fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Greetings

GWDavis28

Hi, welcome, congrats! Though it doesn't exit without pictures, hahahaha.

This is EBMM standard procedure, since the preamp is proprietary. If someone has neck or other issues, they want the old one back, so it doesn't get ebays and since there might have been a problem give EBMM a bad rep for something that wasn't their fault.

If your going to ship it back, ship it insured UPS or Fedex, to cover yourself.

Glenn |B)

Fusionman

I’d think if you could show proof that you sent it mm might still be willing to send you a new one if yours got lost. Unless you can do the entire transaction through a dealer but I dont think a dealer would handle this.

John C

Hi, welcome, congrats! Though it doesn't exit without pictures, hahahaha.

This is EBMM standard procedure, since the preamp is proprietary. If someone has neck or other issues, they want the old one back, so it doesn't get ebays and since there might have been a problem give EBMM a bad rep for something that wasn't their fault.

If your going to ship it back, ship it insured UPS or Fedex, to cover yourself.

Glenn |B)

I agree with Glenn - if you're going to send it directly to EBMM ship it through some service (like UPS, FedEx or DHL) where you get both insurance and a tracking number. If it gets lost then at least you have both insurance and proof that it was shipped to EBMM and disappeared somewhere in transit.

JamieCrain

I have a full set of 2010 saddles from a JP6 that I don't need. PM me if interested.

Also FWIW I put 2015 saddles in my 2010 JP6 and apart from being a slightly different design, they work perfectly.

Thename

I have a full set of 2010 saddles from a JP6 that I don't need. PM me if interested.

Also FWIW I put 2015 saddles in my 2010 JP6 and apart from being a slightly different design, they work perfectly.

Man! you're my savior! thank you! I'll PM you right away

Thename

Thank you very much for all your anwers! Actually customer service answered me and told me that if I provided them the shipping number and proof that I send them the Piezo Output, they will sell me the new one no matter if the old one gets lost on the mail. Those are really relieving news

Thename

Hey guys! I couldn't get the saddles nor the piezo, any one here have or kwnos about any of those on sale?? Please let me know!

Thank you very much!

Top Bottom