• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

five7

Listen to BP and Jack, lets keep this place fun and on track, remember who's house you're in. Now back to being an imaginary King (here only) and now I'm going to do something royal.

That's all I was trying to do! :)

five7

You got me wrong, I am only asking people to respect your forum and each other.

TNT

Chuck,

I never get any pm's, emails, certified letters, etc. . . . In fact I pm myself (no, not that!!) just to see what it's like to have a message saying, "I have something in my box."

Oh yeah, once I did get an email, but then it was rescinded.

cyoungnashville

Chief Fanboi-ardee
There are enough lame forums already, i say we shoot for "cool" and then charge newbs

my two cents. a portion also posted in another thread reply, but i reckon it belongs here...

we can go one of 2 directions here: 1. make bp and mods have to be politically correct evangelical crusaders, which only makes this forum lame, and grieves their own spirits, because its contrary to everything they ACTUALLY want to be as humans, or..... 2. we can all pull the sticks out of our a$$es, safely assume that "creativity" is the most important forum member (jack please make it impossible for someone to use that word as their username), and moderate ourselves by believing that everyone has something to give, and learn. take all jokes as lighthearted fun, especially when we deserve to be made fun of, and move on to something greater..... INSPIRING EACH OTHER by sharing our knowledge and passion and art, and for the love of god never ever ever pm'ing big poppa!!!! im not a robot, and i never met a robot that i either liked, or found even remotely hang worthy. please lets not force the mods to overburden this beautiful place down with RULES. the whole point is, ebmm seems to be a company that thrives on the challenge of in fact CHALLENGING the rules, and pre conceived notions that have weighed down music, art, and creativity, and brought it to current lame auto-tuned state. rather lets all dial into the true spirit of this company.... cool self confidence. you are cool, because you say so. if you like the way something sounds, then own it. everyone else thinks one way, its ok to disagree, sometimes its even righteous to stir things up. isnt that how we got our beloved BONGO??? in my mind, thats sterling giving the boutique "master craftsmen" (more like master rebranded '60s pbass reassembly-men) the middle finger. spirit , which gets all fouled up via written text, is the issue. if we use this amazing resource (forum) as a place of enlightenment, encouragement, humility, creativity, i have no doubt that we can inspire each other to actually USE the bongo/reflex/bigal/stingray/etc to create fresh art, and sound, that we didnt even know we were personally capable of. the world changes when a group of people come together in one spirit, and believe in something. we ALL need each other, and no doubt, our current world (and its radio waves) needs some changing. i know this is an ebmm bass forum, but i also believe these basses were created to inspire a positive movement. to say the least, it has set my creativity on fire. if we all tune into this, we wont need any mods at all, and i think we can put jack right out of a job, hahaha. or we can be lame, insecure, politically corrected robots exchanging pretty bass pictures, bragging about lowest action, bass weight etc, but missing the whole point. besides... dont we already have a talkba$$??...... i think thats the spirit, or maybe theres a different section on the ebmm forum main board for that. if there is, would someone kindly point me to it???

craig young, speaking only for himself.. and auto tune, who really wants a few years off.

bovinehost

Administrator
And I really, seriously think that was beautiful.

We're all on the same bus, headed the same way - so lay down the pretense, sheath your weapons, break out a deck of cards and let's figure out how to bite life's nose off.

MrMusashi

my two cents. a portion also posted in another thread reply, but i reckon it belongs here...

we can go one of 2 directions here:

1. make bp and mods have to be politically correct evangelical crusaders, which only makes this forum lame, and grieves their own spirits, because its contrary to everything they ACTUALLY want to be as humans, or.....

2. we can all pull the sticks out of our a$$es, safely assume that "creativity" is the most important forum member (jack please make it impossible for someone to use that word as their username), and moderate ourselves by believing that everyone has something to give, and learn.

take all jokes as lighthearted fun, especially when we deserve to be made fun of, and move on to something greater.....

INSPIRING EACH OTHER by sharing our knowledge and passion and art, and for the love of god never ever ever pm'ing big poppa!!!!

im not a robot, and i never met a robot that i either liked, or found even remotely hang worthy. please lets not force the mods to overburden this beautiful place down with RULES.

the whole point is, ebmm seems to be a company that thrives on the challenge of in fact CHALLENGING the rules, and pre conceived notions that have weighed down music, art, and creativity, and brought it to current lame auto-tuned state.

rather lets all dial into the true spirit of this company.... cool self confidence. you are cool, because you say so. if you like the way something sounds, then own it. everyone else thinks one way, its ok to disagree, sometimes its even righteous to stir things up. isnt that how we got our beloved BONGO???

in my mind, thats sterling giving the boutique "master craftsmen" (more like master rebranded '60s pbass reassembly-men) the middle finger. spirit , which gets all fouled up via written text, is the issue.

if we use this amazing resource (forum) as a place of enlightenment, encouragement, humility, creativity, i have no doubt that we can inspire each other to actually USE the bongo/reflex/bigal/stingray/etc to create fresh art, and sound, that we didnt even know we were personally capable of.

the world changes when a group of people come together in one spirit, and believe in something. we ALL need each other, and no doubt, our current world (and its radio waves) needs some changing.

i know this is an ebmm bass forum, but i also believe these basses were created to inspire a positive movement. to say the least, it has set my creativity on fire.

if we all tune into this, we wont need any mods at all, and i think we can put jack right out of a job, hahaha.

or we can be lame, insecure, politically corrected robots exchanging pretty bass pictures, bragging about lowest action, bass weight etc, but missing the whole point.

besides... dont we already have a talkba$$??......

i think thats the spirit, or maybe theres a different section on the ebmm forum main board for that. if there is, would someone kindly point me to it???

craig young, speaking only for himself.. and auto tune, who really wants a few years off.

sorry craig, but i had to do this to be able to read the whole thing ;)

i do hope you take it in good spirits.. no bad intentions on my behalf!

MrM

DTG

and it would seem the grandist of wazoo's would fall pray to this too.

Dont really know or want to know the story but it would seem Fran will no longer be around these parts,pitty he was good fun too.he did enjoy getting under your skin sometimes :D

his HHP bongo is a beast btw and one which he will not sell to me ! i am however very lucky he gave it to me on loan.

Dave

Jimmyb

and it would seem the grandist of wazoo's would fall pray to this too.

Dont really know or want to know the story but it would seem Fran will no longer be around these parts,pitty he was good fun too.he did enjoy getting under your skin sometimes :D

his HHP bongo is a beast btw and one which he will not sell to me ! i am however very lucky he gave it to me on loan.

Dave

Eh?

Have I missed something?

DTG

i think we all did but best to leave it there,just dont think he will be posting anymore.

bassmonkeee

i think we all did but best to leave it there,just dont think he will be posting anymore.

I've been here for six wonderful years. The moderation has always been superb. If someone feels the need to leave, well...more power to them.

Big Poppa

Why is someone who was very very difficult allowed to pm his few friends whining. Fran is not welcome. In his latest indignant rant he crossed a line that he can not return from. I will not allow any more bandwidth to be spent on him

strummer

Enormous Member
I finally foud this (I'm thinking the term required reading got my punk attitude going) and I must admit that apart from the Craig rant (very nicely put, what is that man on?) and Chucks shocking revelation I don't understand any of this thread. Original post is pretty obvious, something happened and it got ugly, but it's sorted now, right?

No idea why I posted this, except I wanted to tell jack I did as i was told. (required reading and all that...)

Top Bottom