• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kn38ms

I like Rush a lot but with all that Pro level talent they should be a houshold name.
Guess they are better appreciated by fellow musicians. Neil & Geddy, nuff said.
What do you guys think.

OrangeChannel

They've been around forever....and aren't a pop band so theres your answer. They have their nitche and don't need to be a household name....that's all any self respecting musician could ever want.

Rayan

To Each

Ace musicians, apparently great guys, loyal niche following, consistent heavy classic rock rotation and I'd rather listen to SRV, Clapton or Led Zeppelin any ol' day /Rayan

Bassplyr

As a huge RUSH fan for years and years, I'm personally glad they aren't a household name.
We'll leave that garbage for people like Clay Aiken, Backstreet Boys, and Cher.

Raz

kn38ms said:
I like Rush a lot but with all that Pro level talent they should be a houshold name.
Guess they are better appreciated by fellow musicians. Neil & Geddy, nuff said.
What do you guys think.
You forgot to mention ALEX! He has a very unique style, and he sometimes gets overlooked...like now!

kn38ms

I was at the FT Myers Guitar Center Messin' around with a showrom sterling and this little dude about 9yrs old says to me, "Do you like Rush". I says oh yea Geddy Lee rocks. He says that Geddy is his fav bassist. His pops was there slammin a SR5. He was good. Then the little dude picks up a FULL scale Yamaha and starts groovin. He 's gonna be awesome someday. The kid played well for a nine year old

Dodgeball

Rush are superb, and I'm lucky to say that I got to go and see them play in London last month...actually I've managed to see a few of my guitar heroes over the last 3 years.

Lifeson is a legend live, he even played a red supersport with piezo for one number too - great sound. :D

JFRICK

Rush is one the bands that's mostly appreciated by musicians....Kind of like Dream Theater or Frank Zappa, except Rush is more widely know. Rush is one of my favorite bands also.....

Hookpunch

I am from Rush's hometown and a big fan. If they are not widely known - they have got to be the biggest cult band of all time - their CDs usually ship platinum, I think they had the record at one time for selling out the L.A. Coliseum back in the 80s for 4 straight shows.

That being said -I have to say I prefer their earlier stuff up to Exit Stage Left than the later stuff. I still catch them every concert though and have my lighter ready for Closer to the Heart.

cgworkman

They're not "Top 40" so they're never going to be a household name. Even they're "Top 40" hits aren't really top 40... I guess they're to musical to become a household name in today's society.

JFRICK

I blame it all on MTV......the crap they push these days, well, when they actually play music videos. Death to eMpTV, Fuse is the best thing out there right now...

Bassplyr

The fact that Rush isn't a household name, shows how many people in this world are unaware of true musical talent.

jongitarz

They need to get rid of that ugly chick bass player. her voice drives me up the wall! :rolleyes:

RocketRobin

Didn't Geddy Lee beat Suzi Quatro in the Grammy nomination for "Best Female Rock Vocal", when Fly By Night was released? Or was it the other way around?
To this day, I can never tell the difference :rolleyes:

Seriously, Rush is a very cool trio and Niel Peart is an expert at adding energy and edge to smooth syncopation. However, for the most part Rush's overall arty feel is a bit much for me... I can only take so much Moog 'sympathiser', before my heart begins to bleed and I commence acrying in my beer.

Lately, I'm more into Wide Mouth Mason and Tea Party stuff.

Top Bottom