• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Whoismarykelly

I've seen a couple pictures of this guitar in the last few days and its exactly the kind of high quality USA-made baritone that doesn't exist on the market currently and that I have been trying to find for ages. Inevitably when something like this shows up its a one-off for an artist which is frustrating because the only options for regular folks tend to be exclusively lower end imports. What would it take for this to come to market in a way where I can buy one? Would a dealer need to be willing to preorder a substantial number to get the interest of folks at the company? It seems to me that there is a market for baritone 6 strings at the market from folks who tune down but aren't interested in a 7/8/9 string guitar. I've read that interest in the JP Baritone wasn't strong but it was also a top tier BFR at a high price point. Something like what is shown in this video would be much likelier to sell IMO. Thoughts anyone?

jones4tone

Cool baritone Axis!

So, Tim is pictured with an orange crush Stingray in that video - that too is interesting!

GWDavis28

That orange Stingray looks SWEET!

Oh yah that's the AL Orange Crush package on a Stingray, that is pretty cool!!!

Thanx for sharing the video I had seen it a picture/post on FailBook and thought it was the JP Baritone.

Glenn |B)

Whoismarykelly

I love it! That makes me want to bust out my Silo Bass later today.

I had a Silhouette bari a bunch of years ago before baritones became my main instruments and it was a beast. A bit too long scale for what I do now but that was such a well-made and comfortable instrument because of the design that made it no longer than a regular guitar. So many baris and anything based on the usual 28 5/8" conversion necks have necks so long that its uncomfortable to play because the bridge stays in the same place. The Axis seems like a perfect design for 27" scale because of the body design and bridge placement. Keeps the whole instrument manageable.

Daniel

Unfortunately, we have no immediate plans to manufacture an Axis baritone guitar for regular production. However, keep an eye on our social media channels for any new products and updates.

Fro

Unfortunately, we have no immediate plans to manufacture an Axis baritone guitar for regular production. However, keep an eye on our social media channels for any new products and updates.

Bring out that burl Valentine with all black hardware. Pretty please with sugar on top.

headcrash

That Axis is more like an Axis Sport: no binding, a little more rounder edges. They should make this a production model in standard scale. Would sell like crazy I guess..

LowA

Every since I saw Aaron Fink from breaking Benjamin play the one in my avatar I’ve been obsessed. I would do an ebony board with black hardware and binding On that same off whit finish. Found out his sold on reverb for 2 grand. Ernie Ball I will fly to slo and rubbho damn feets manz. What’s it gonna take?

samuelplauzon

You can get the BFR axis baritone Starry Night now. I got one and I love it.
Only issue is the pickups. They sound great live but thin in recordings.
I swapped them out for BK Juggers.
Another issue, there’s no information on the pickups, not anywhere.
So the pickups were too deep. Had to shim the neck to make them work.

Good luck!

2mdude

Bring out that burl Valentine with all black hardware. Pretty please with sugar on top.

That really is quite striking. If someone described it without seeing it, think I'd be a bit "meh", but that really works well.

Top Bottom