• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DaPatrooch

I'm subscribed to this guy on Youtube who puts up Van Halen videos, and he just put up this video of Van Halen in 1991. It appears that Sammy Hagar is using a Music Man, which would make sense because Michael Anthony and EVH were EBMM users at the time. It looks like it's some sort of customized Silhouette, but it's hard to tell. So does anyone know anything about this guitar? Here's the link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4cbPk-pGg"]YouTube - Van Halen - There's Only One Way To Rock (Dallas, TX - 1991)[/ame]

Thanks!

Geno_xl

Interesting. I never saw him play that one before. I remember when his unboxed cd came out. He played "High hopes" on David Lettermen. He came out with a red evh music man and a 5150. I loved every minute of it. So I bought them both as soon as I could afford it (which took a while).

Astrofreq

It doesn't look like an EB to me. Hard to tell. I almost went to this show. It was a freebie in the west end. It made the news because a guy got stabbed unfortunately.

I would have to differ with Samuel on this one. I believe there are many ways to rock.

brasco68

Interesting. I never saw him play that one before. I remember when his unboxed cd came out. He played "High hopes" on David Lettermen. He came out with a red evh music man and a 5150. I loved every minute of it. So I bought them both as soon as I could afford it (which took a while).

True Story...I remember that Red EVH during that Letterman performance like it was yesterday. That's the only time I can recall Sammy playing an Music Man guitar in public.

candid_x

It's got the 4+2 headstock, and the body sure does look like a Silo. Maybe he stuck 2 HB's in and left the routing exposed?

FIN 5150

In the Right here right now- booklet you can see a Music Man-like 4+2 headstock in Sammys guitar too.

Axistence

as the lyrics say:
"Crank up the drums, crank out the bass
Crank up my EBMM in your face"

there's only one way to rock: MusicMan!

travs

that was a cool time for me and my exposure to the world of ebmm. before the internet and cable tv in my small hometown.

Brand X

Guys - I'm pretty sure that this is Sammy's Kramer Baretta with his 'I Can't Drive 55' sticker under the strings - I recall he had the headstock cut down to EBMM size...........

I used to have this whole gig on video - and I studied it to see what it was.......could be wrong though after what BP said above...

fogman

I've seen that vid many times before but never noticed what he was playing.
very cool!
Sammy rules!

slukather

I remember Sammy using a couple of EBMM guitars at this stage, I still have this show on tape somewhere, it's an awesome show. I loved Van Halen around this album, everyone seemed happy and really enjoying themselves, like a rock band should.

Scott.

rmh925

Its the Kramer Baretta.. with an EBMM neck.. and actually, that red kramer was a one-off...

Sorry but that does not look like a Kramer Baretta to me....One off Silo all the way, and do believe it was confirmed by the BIG MAN already.:)

Brand X

sammy played a bunch of our stuff in the day he also played a silo based one pickup proto the evh didnt like it was a red neck and body

BP didn't say that this guitar specifically was a MM.....just that Sammy had some stuff back in the day.......

Top Bottom