• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Pspguitar

Hi, I purchased a used SBMM Cutlass. One of the neck plate screws was snapped off and glued in place - a bit of a surprise for me, the others show some wear. I contacted SBMM for help they informed me that the screws are the following:

1.5mm threading and are 44mm long with a 8mm head

SBMM suggested I contact my local Long and McQuade here in Canada. They don't have them. Does anyone know where I can purchase 5 chrome plated screws in Canada with the above measurements? This is turning into a treasure hunt. Big box stores don't carry them.

Thanks for any help

Pspguitar

Maybe SBMM gave the wrong information? Here is a comparison of a fender screw, Phillips oval head #8 1 3/4 inches compared to a SBMM

Maybe a #6 head?

IMG_20210928_070408.jpg IMG_20210928_070327.jpg

GWDavis28

beej

Does it need to be exact? I'd take one of the screws, do your best to match the thread and length, and replace all of them (so they match).

If you're still stuck, try one of the more industrial suppliers like Brofasco.

Pspguitar

Canada has a hard time stocking Chrome plated steel screws with a Phillips oval head. This seems to be a USA more mainstream type screw. I may need to try Fastenal...but likely they only carry stainless steel and won't have the chrome heads. Some think not a big deal, but on a metallic paint job I want it to shine haha...5 screws 5 days of searching haha

Top Bottom