• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Capt. Sabashan

Hi,

I just humbly entered the elite club of EBMM owners by buying a Silo 2nd hand. (See Avatar) Can anybody help me with interpreting the serial number (90227)? When was this guitar built ?

Secondly, I am a little confused because of the neck. It looks great and has nice birds eyes, however, it is lacquered ?!? Has that been done as a mod opr where there orginally lacquered MM necks?:confused:

Thanks for the help !

Coffeemug

Welcome aboard and congrats on scoring that beauty!

In order to get more information about your Silo you can post you guitar's serial here...
http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/3830-important-my-ernie-balls-serial.html
...and the awesome guys at EBMM customer service will take care of it.

As for the lacquered neck...your Silo happens to be a pretty early one where the necks indeed were finished (same with the early Morses)...does it have a 6-bolt neck also? Don't know when exactly the transition to the oil/wax treatment happened but your Silo is easily 18 years old...

Aziah

Ernie Ball Customer Service
I looked this serial number up in our database and it was done March 7, 1990...we started producing the unfinished necks in 1991

Last edited:

bazxkr

Well, how about that for service Capt. Wow, Aziah rules :cool:

Welcome to the forum

Cheers
Baz

Last edited:

Capt. Sabashan

Hi Aziah,

thanks a million for that quick reply ! Awesome news, it seems I have stumbled over a true vintage baby...

@coffeemug,DrGonzo5150,bazxkr, thanks for your kind words welcoming me to this forum !

Top Bottom