• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Thanks. The headstock says both Ernie Ball and "StingRay" (as opposed to "StringRay Bass") so I was thinking it might not be that early. Maybe it's a later model with a pre-EB bridge? I'll get the neck off today and see what I can see.

Ernie Ball took over Music Man in 1984. The serial number database came into existence around late 1987/early 1988 so there are about 3-4 years of Ernie Ball instruments that were built before we began keeping records of instruments. I linked you to the early Ernie Ball page of that site. It's a great site, but doesn't have every serial. It's more just to compare to similar serials. Checking the neck pocket/heel may give you an idea as well.

I would like to know DOB for Silhouette with serial number 91546.

This Silhouette was completed on March 28th, 1991. The color is Trans Red with the Rosewood fretboard.

Axis Super Sport serial number G11346

Thank You !!

This Axis Super Sport was completed on August 22nd, 2000. The color is Black Sparkle with the Rosewood fretboard & matching headstock.

Albert Lee sn: G62658
Thanks

This Albert Lee MM-90 was completed on February 28th, 2012. The color is Vintage Gold with the all Rosewood neck.

GWDavis28

Joel and all at EBMM, thanx for all the good info, this thread will be missed, I liked reading it everyday to see who might be getting what.

Glenn |B)

Astrofreq

tumblr_ojkh47jXbA1vhuyjso1_400.gif

Exodus5

Did you try the SN tool?

Nope. I was a doof and didn't read anything.
I do have one question...I just tried a serial number that I was told was on the back of a Axis but it didn't return anything.

A80088 - Is this even a good serial number?

beej

The S/N tool only works for Music Man Instruments. For Sterling, which is a separate company, you have to contact them directly.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
After 15 years and 13,613 posts, the time has come to close this thread. For all your serial number enquiries, please use the all new and amazing Serial Number Database Search Tool...

Please note that here are still some older Ernie Ball Music Man serial numbers that are not coming up in the database. EBMM are working on fixing that issue, but until then please email customer service directly for information if your serial number does not return a result.

Also note serial numbers from pre-Ernie Ball-era Music Man, OLP, and Sterling by Music Man instruments are not in the system and will not give a result. Please DO NOT email Ernie Ball Music Man customer service asking about those serial numbers.

For pre-EBMM serial numbers, You can check this site for more info on the early Music Man instruments (This site is not run by the Ernie Ball company): musicmanbass.global

If you have any other questions regarding your instrument, please email Music Man Customer Service at:
[email protected]

This old thread is being locked from further posts but is retained as a database. You can search for serial number using the "Search Thread" function above the top post on this page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom