• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drew365

Can anyone tell me the actual depth of the neck profile at the first and twelfth frets? My #1 is a JP15, which I love. But I'm 71 and starting to have problems with my left hand. I'd like to try something with a beefier neck profile. There don't seem to be many choices with MM. Thanks.

racerx

I don't have a Silo but you may want to look around StingRays or one of the many persuasions of Axis, they have reasonably full profiles (I have a few of both, they're all somewhere in the .82-.85-ish range at the first fret). My Luke 3 is a similar depth but a V->C profile.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
My Silhouette Special neck measures 0.80" at the 1st fret and 0.90" at the 12th fret, C-shape profile throughout. My Cutlass is 0.82" at the 1st and 0.92" at the 12th. The Cutlass has a gentle V-shape at the 1st fret transitioning to a C shape from the 7th fret on.

drew365

Thanks for the reminder of the nut width. I like a wide neck. My LP has a 1.75" nut, but the profile is not that deep. Also, I use the middle position single coil setting a lot for rhythm. Between the nut width, profile depth and wiring options that I like, this is going to be a tough search.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Thanks for the reminder of the nut width. I like a wide neck. My LP has a 1.75" nut, but the profile is not that deep. Also, I use the middle position single coil setting a lot for rhythm. Between the nut width, profile depth and wiring options that I like, this is going to be a tough search.
Update: just came acorss this video of Phil McKnight's Sabre review. At 5:05 he measured the neck thickness at teh 1st fret at a thin 18.84 mm / 0.74"

Top Bottom