• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Antoine

Hi, i'm in need of advices :
I've got 2 EBMM guitars : Axis Super Sport rosewood fingerboard tremolo and 2 Di-Marzios Humbucking, and a Luke II !
Both guitars have got very different tones and are perfect for my needs, the Axis has got more lows and highs and is more agressive, the Luke is more smooth, and got a killer clean tone !
Now i'm really interested in a Silhouette Special but i want it with a rosewood fingerboard, one Humbucking and 2 simples, and a vintage tremolo, so as it will be exactly the same wood than my luke (alder body, mapple neck and rosewood fingerboard) i would like to know if some of you can explain to me how different in tones this Silhouette Special will be comparred to my Luke (i know the tones will be different because the Di-Marzios don't sound like the EMG) Does this Silhouette Special will have more Output more Lows will be more Agressive or not ?
Thanks for you help and as someone in this forum say (sorry i can't remember his name) "I play EB/MM or i don't play" ;)

dwf1004

Ah, so I'm quotable now...it's a great day. ;)

I would think that the Luke would be a little more hotter and crisper because of the 85's and the active pickup system in place, rather than just your standard setup DiMarzio's with the Silent Circuit. Of course, that's just an un-educated opinion, always open for correction! :)

Jimi D

The Silhouette Special has pretty "vintage-y" pickups - they're much lower output than the pups on an Axis; it's a great guitar for Strat stuff and Classic Rock stuff.

Top Bottom