• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I'm wondering about our silly things that we do with our guitars, things that we can spend a large amount of time on compared to the difference it makes to our tone or playing.

I can spend hours adjusting the humbucker screw poles. Maybe I like the slots to line up, or maybe the zig zag / \ / \ / \ , maybe I'll match the string radius, or adjust them flat, or lower them or raise them.

I also have far more guitar straps than guitars and I go through phases where I change them frequently, sometimes I swap straps so as not to clash with a shirt I'm wearing. :D

Tell me what you do!
attachment.php

mikeller

I definitely have some pre-gig and post-gig rituals!!! And I do try to make sure my guitar finish/color doesn't clash with my shirt color.

skhan007

Ooohhh! Now I want to get a strap to match my pink burst Albert Lee! Thanks for the cool idea!!

Pink

When I found a great Levy's strap at a local shop, I scoured the internet to find another of the same style. I, too, had more straps than guitars at the time.

I have also spent time/money wiring up pickguards that I never installed. I'd get a hankering for a bridge/middle (Keith Urban Strat style) or bridge/Tele neck or even middle only. Then I'd play the guitar as it was and appreciate the simplicity of a single pickup.

Or there'd be those tortoise pickguard phases.

All show and little go.

Last edited:

xjbebop

"All show and little go." ... can I borrow that line for myself?? :)

About every time we acquired another guitar / bass, one of my first moves was to visit Couch Straps for a matching strap - Couch Guitar Straps - Home

Have way too many of them in the collection now.... ;)

cbc83

I love hearing about all this strap hoarding - I still use the black leather strap that came with my crappy TCS beginner's guitar 23 years ago! I don't own any other straps!

Astrofreq

Yeah that photo doesn't show all of them. I've added a few more colored ones since I took that photo and I have a few different black ones too.

No shame in that whatsoever! Straps add an extra piece of flair to the big picture!

Top Bottom