• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RJKANEAO

It seems nowadays everybody's in the pedal business. From single pedals to multi-effects pedals it's all become a blur when it comes to what is what and who has what. I myself have been very guilty of buying more than my share of multi-Effects pedal systems my favorite being the boss or Roland effects units.. I've bought the older GT serious and my last GT series was to GT 10 but now I am using the ME 70 as my go to pedal for small intimate and fast setting up gigs. I also hold and endorsement with pedatrain so I do use their pro pedal board system and it's filled with a bunch of different single pedals from MXR, Tech 21 NYC, EBMM and of Dunlop... But I know we have a lot of knowledge in here as far as guitars, amps and even effects pedals. So I'd like to know what do you all prefer and if so which models and what types of pedals?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350466085.386350.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350466085.386350.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 605

RJKANEAO

View attachment 20414

Here's my board that I take on bigger gigs with me.. I switch out my wah from that crybaby to the EBMM wah depending on what gig.. And the wireless comes courtesy of NADY Systems who hooked me up with their MTG system.. The delay Los switched out for a carbon copy.. Thinking About leaving that delay in there but also incorporating the carbon copy because I still want the tap tempo effect for some songs. Also I replace the compressor with those SuperComp and I am just using a cheap Behringer reverb for those days where whatever and I'm using does not have any. I'm also looking for a good looper switcher thing.. Any advise or tips welcomed.. :) aloha

TNT

That's the thing about pedals, there is such a vast variety and they almost always become a collection. I've tried to stay pretty much focused so i just use a Boss Flange, MXR Phase90, Morley Lynch Wah and Eventide & Strymon delays - it just devistates thru my JCM900 MK111

And, of course my favorite strings - #2253's!

RJKANEAO

That's the thing about pedals, there is such a vast variety and they almost always become a collection. I've tried to stay pretty much focused so i just use a Boss Flange, MXR Phase90, Morley Lynch Wah and Eventide & Strymon delays - it just devistates thru my JCM900 MK111

And, of course my favorite strings - #2253's!

@TNT Wow that must be awesome.. Great line up..

rico387

The board I use for worship guitar seems to never stop growing. I've outgrown my SKB PB-25, and I'm shopping boards now. Currently, my signal chain is: TC Polytune--Boss GE-7 (EQ)--Boss CS-2 (comp)--Boss CS-3 (comp)--FullDrive--
TubeWorksReal Tube--Boss Blues Driver--EHX Electric Mistress--Boss PH-2 Phaser--Boss CE-2 (chorus)--Boss DD-3 Delay--Ibanez DE-7 Delay--EHX Holy Stain Reverb into the house PA. My church has good power, so all I use is a surge suppressor and a 1-Spot to power all. (the CS-2 is strictly battery though)
Because of lack of room, I've 86'd the Big Muff, T-Wah, and Super Shifter. Gotta get a bigger board...

Instead of lugging it back and forth, I bought a Fender Mustang Floor to keep at home. I've never been a fan of "all-in-ones",
but this this one is easy to program. It sounds a lot better than I expected too. The Bassman, Twin Reverb, and other Fender amp emulators alone made it worth the price.

I never thought I'd say this, but apparently, they are making giant strides with emulators. I'd like to find someone with a Digitech iPB-10 (with the iPad in it) and hear it live. Whew! These changin' times!

RJKANEAO

@rico387 I'm shopping for a new reverb.. Cause I want a smaller single pedal rig.. So I'm putting my usual EBMM jrvp, probably a fullbore (MXR), crybaby wah "Idk which one yet", but also another carbon copy (MXR) and idk (holy grail maybe) but we'll.. The big rig is over kill for most stages..lol..but I'm getting super picky with my tone etc.. As always we all wanna sound good..

rico387

I am like Ahab chasing that whalewhen it comes to the pursuit of the right wah pedal. Right now, sitting on my shelf is a Cry Baby, Bad Horsie, Boss PW-10, and they are all terrible tone suckers. the only one I think that is left to try is the Ernie Ball and it's coming. If you are thinking about a Holy Grail, you may want to consider a Holy Stain. It's a very versitile 'verb, and even can add a little dirt. Lol, since I use in in church, I thought it best to put painters tape over the name.

TNT

Reverb can be "tricky" though! A little much and it can throw everything off. A good quality reverb pedal that I've found (price wise) is the Hall of Fame. Sits nice in the chain for those amps without spring reverb.

beefyslinky

My pedal taste is ever changing. Lately Ive been tooling around with the TC Electronic Tone Print pedals. They make a great little looper/delay pedal called the Flashback. Not only does TC make the best Polytuner on the market, but their reverb and chorus pedals are awesome too!

TNT

Pedals are pretty much a "delight" for us guitar players!!! Kinda like the "icing" on the cake (so to speak). And, as we know, there never seems to be an end to our pedal board imaginations - oh, and all the new pedals that just keep coming and coming and coming, well, that doesn't help either.

Sine

Well, there is something sexy about pedals. TC Polytune, Xotic AC booster, TC Flashback and JP12 + Mesa Boogie Mark V.

beefyslinky

TC Polytune, EB Volume, EB Wah, MXR Phase100, Boss CE3 Chorus, Muza Ambience, MXR Carbon Copy, TC Flashback. I have to say I love my tuner as well as my Muza and Carbon Copy the most. I can never have enough delay or reverb in my chain.

Spudmurphy

I got fed up when using pedals and I loosing my signal for whatever reason when playing live.

I prefer to use my Pod XT with an FBV floorboard outfront. I plug the XT into the front of my tube amp.

I switch off all amp/speaker/mike emulations and set up effects patched for different numbers we play.

I basically use it for a bit of modulation, compression, overdrive, delay, tuning and wah wah.

I've tweaked all parameters by connecting it to my laptop and to be honeset is pretty fool proof and robust to use live. Takes some of the headaches away leaving me time to concentarte on my playing.

Yeah it's true that as a guitarist you may notice certain little nuances that distinguish the digital effect from an analogue pedal effect - but hell would the punter know? - certainly not!

Last edited:

Soulkeeper

Most often I play the bass clean through a Trace Elliot combo, but sometimes I need miscellaneous effects, and since one multi effect pedal costs about the same as just 2-4 decent single effect pedals, I ordered a GT-10B multi-effect board the other day.

Still waiting for it to arrive, hoping it'll sound decent. :cool: It'll probably be ten times better than my ancient Korg A4 Bass multi effect board, anyway.

TheStiffness

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Currently, I'm running into a This1smyne modded VPJR, into a DVM Compressore, Into a BBE Boosta Grande -- from there it goes into my custom Loop-Master bypass looper (7 switches -- 5 loops, 1 master bypass, 1 tap tempo with dual output). The pedals routed into the looper are: Empress Germ Drive, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Boss DD-20, Boss DD-7, Hardwire RV-7. Then out of the looper into a BBE Sonic Stomp (to add a little depth and sparkle), and then out into either my AC15 or DV Mark Galileo 15C. For me, nothing beats a good collection of stomp boxes, running through a bypass looper.

Strymon, Empress, Walrus Audio, JHS, Blackout Effectors and Earthquaker all make phenomenal pedals. If you want to go crazy, check out Toneczar's stuff. Ed is a mad scientist... Dan Burgess from This1smyne makes a LOT of cool stuff, too.

RJKANEAO

Gonna run a new chain on my big pedalboard.. It's be the Nady MTG wireless first, Crybaby, EB Jr., boss Tuner on tuner out,Mxr super comp, Mxr slash octive fuzz, mxr zack Wylde OD,Mxr badass OD,then switching out either a Mxr badass custom 78 distortion or one of my hardwire distortion I have the valve and metal, tech 21 NYC classic sansamp (original),mxr phase 90,mxr micro flange, mxr micro chorus, tech 21 NYC tap delay, mxr carbon copy or hardwire delay, mxr smart gate into a hardwire rv7 reverb.. I also have a micro amp but I'm not sure where to place it in chain.. Do any of you know?

dfung

Swapped between multi-FX and individual pedals a few times and seem to always come back to the individual pedals. Individual pedals seem easier to tweak than multi-FX boards which, while very powerful, haven't worked well in my live situations. Have a Pod X3 Live which has some great tones, but I'm bummed i can't get it to work out for me. It would be much cheaper then spending a few hundred $ per pedal!!

Top Bottom