• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jef

Good news :)
When I asked CS on August 2020 after purchasing my Short Scale Stingray only Slinky Nickel Wound Short Scale Bass Strings were available.
Thanks for sharing :cool:

danny-79

If it is, congrats! Love my cobalt flats. Love the green silk on those too.
Green silk? I can’t remember now what colour it was on the set I had a few years back (105-50)

Are there different colours for gauges/scale length?

mynan

Green silk? I can’t remember now what colour it was on the set I had a few years back (105-50)

Are there different colours for gauges/scale length?
I'm not sure what is on the 4-string sets, but the 45-130 5-string set has purple silk.

danny-79

I'm not sure what is on the 4-string sets, but the 45-130 5-string set has purple silk.
Purple also on 4-string sets.
A little darker on a single string I bought, not sure if it's common...

thats what I thought It was. Purple on cobalts, light blue on regular flats. Never seen anything EB with green silks before
unless green is representing short scale

danny-79

I haven’t had a chance to put them on yet. I was hoping I could do a comparison video for my YouTube channel but it takes a full afternoon, particularly with my long Covid affecting things as they are. I’m hoping to get to it this week or next.
Comparison video, even better. (I’m starting to get GAS for a shortey so I’ll keep an eye out for the video)
cheers

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Update: I put them on this week. @danny-79

I REALLY like them. I have made comparison recordings for a video to come in due course but I can report they sound VERY similar to standard slinky roundwounds. I'd say there is a just a hint of extra midrange, which makes them slightly more "throaty" than "growly". Sometimes what comes to mind with the roundwounds is that they are little mid-scooped in comparison. But that also depends on what/how I'm playing, for some of the pickup choices and plucking positions I recorded I can hear a difference in the recordings but can't always correctly tell you which is which.

Aside from the tone they feel totally different, the playing experience is totally different. I'm really enjoying them!

Last edited:
Top Bottom