• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

xjbebop

It felt great at the show, and I'm looking forward to getting ours in a few weeks. If there aren't enough sales on the intro SUB model then I'm not sure they would have reason to release an upgraded model. You could of course buy one now for the instant gratification, and then if a new model comes out in a few years you could sell or trade in the old one to offset the cost!

Wasn't the SBMM Valentine launched with a roasted neck? ...yup...

However, I understand the AL model might be a bit more of a gamble for them, so I totally understand that point.

I really do hope they sell well...would like to see the model continue to thrive.

ftbtx

So far we know is a mahogany slab body, maple neck with rosewood board?
25.5' scale, HH with a three way switch?

Also Pete, the highly polished frets, does that include leveling and what not?

PeteDuBaldo

So far we know is a mahogany slab body, maple neck with rosewood board?
25.5' scale, HH with a three way switch?

Also Pete, the highly polished frets, does that include leveling and what not?

It does have a contoured body (not slab) and a 5-way, no need to add a super switch! As far as frets go, they have all been level from the factory. We have given other models a higher polish to make them feel more played-in and comfortable.

DSC2880.jpg

Specs sheet:

Albert-Lee-2018-specs.jpg

Last edited:

PeteDuBaldo

Pete - thanks for the info! Does it have locking tuners?

Looks like they're just diecast non locking tuners. I'd upgrade that in a heartbeat.

Correct, they are diecast non-locking. Remember, this guitar is only $399 -- a set of Schaller locking tuners retail for $60-80 and would put this guitar at a different price point.

TonyEVH5150

Correct, they are diecast non-locking. Remember, this guitar is only $399 -- a set of Schaller locking tuners retail for $60-80 and would put this guitar at a different price point.

Is it possible to get a set of the locking tuners from the D series? The set I have on my Valentine is solid.

V_S

Nice!!!! How does the routing look like? Will it accomdate SSS or other pickups conifigurations?

Pott

That's a super cool color! Will it be available on US models too? (I either missed it on the announcement, or it's a no, or it's secret and you can't tell us... :) )

Top Bottom