• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

niguch

Hi everyone. My dad has a kind of old sterling which he gave to me, and i think the color and pickguard are pretty weak. Is there any way that i could send the bass in and get the body replaced with one of a different color with a different guard? or would i need a refin? any information on how i can change the color would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any correspondence.
-Chris

niguch

the bass itself is black with a white pickguard. Its not particularly ugly, i know, but it gets boring after a while. Also, the black paint is peeling and there is some sort of red stain on the pickguard that looks like a crayon or something ( i don't know where that came from)

bovinehost

Administrator
Are you in a major city? You can probably have it refinished if you really want to, and a new pickguard can be had for about 50 bucks.

niguch

I'm about 40 minutes from NYC. how much would a sunburst refin probably cost me?

SWR_n_EB

WEll, the price, i'm not to sure about, but i remeber hearing something that the solid finishes have a different body mattereal that's not ashwood (if i recal correctly) it won't looks as good if it is a transparent color like sunburst...of course, i could be wrong..

Top Bottom