Neck Wood 3-Piece Mahogany
Fingerboard Ebony
Fret Markers Custom JP Inlays
Tuning Machines Locking
Truss Rod Dual Action
Neck Attachment Set-in Design
Controls 1 Push/Push Volume Boost, 1 Tone
Switching 3-Way Toggle Switch
Pickups DiMarzio LiquiFire, DiMarzio Crunch Lab (HH)
Strings Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky
Gig Bag Deluxe Sterling by Music Man Bag

JP157DFM-EPP-FRONT.png

JP150DFM-EPP-FRONT.png

Specifications
Model JP150DFM
Body Wood Mahogany w/ Flame Maple Top
Body Color Eminence Purple (EPP)
Bridge Modern Tremolo
Pickguard N/A
Scale Length 25.5" (64.8cm)
Neck Radius 16" (40cm)
Frets 24 Stainless Steel Frets, Medium Jumbo Profile
Neck Width 1.65" (42mm) at Nut
Neck Wood Roasted Maple
Fingerboard Ebony
Fret Markers Custom JP Inlays
Tuning Machines Locking
Truss Rod Dual Action
Neck Attachment 5 Bolt Pattern
Controls 1 Push/Push Volume Boost, 1 Tone
Pickups DiMarzio LiquiFire, DiMarzio Crunch Lab (HH)

sbmm_banner_jasonRichardson_1400x.progressive.jpg

RICHARDSON7-NPB-FRONT.png

Specifications
Model RICHARDSON7
Body Wood Alder w/ Poplar Burl Top
Body Color Natural Poplar Burl Burst (NPB)
Bridge Modern Tremolo
Pickguard N/A
Scale Length 25-1/2”
Neck Radius 16" (40cm)
Frets 24 Frets, Medium Jumbo Profile
Neck Width 1.95" (49.5mm) at Nut
Neck Wood Roasted Maple
Fingerboard Rosewood
Fret Markers Dot Markers
Tuning Machines Locking
Truss Rod Dual Action
Neck Attachment 5 Bolt Pattern
Controls 1 Push/Push Volume Boost, 1 Push/Push Coil-tap Tone
Pickups Sterling by Music Man Designed JR Pickups (HH)

spychocyco

That purple Majesty looks pretty sweet. Wish it had Illuminators instead of the CL/LF combo. Looks like Sterling is upping its game from what I've seen. I'm guessing these are all going to check in at $1K or above, though. (Well, the JR might come in a little below that with the Sterling stock PUs.)

bearreport

SBMM Instagram is saying $1299 for the JP157, $1199 for the JP150, and $899 for the Richardson. For what's essentially a piezoless JP6, that's not bad... If you want it built in San Luis Obispo it'll cost ya! I have been thinking of getting a 7 lately and it's awesome to have these two in the mix.

spychocyco

SBMM Instagram is saying $1299 for the JP157, $1199 for the JP150, and $899 for the Richardson. For what's essentially a piezoless JP6, that's not bad... If you want it built in San Luis Obispo it'll cost ya! I have been thinking of getting a 7 lately and it's awesome to have these two in the mix.

And $1399 for the Majesty. At those price points, I'm probably going to be looking for used EB for a little more. I mean, I bought a loaded JP6 for $1,200 a couple of years back.

The neck profile is a big deal for me. If the Sterlings had the EB necks, maybe. I think I'd still toss in a couple hundred and go used, though.

BJ Price

And $1399 for the Majesty. At those price points, I'm probably going to be looking for used EB for a little more. I mean, I bought a loaded JP6 for $1,200 a couple of years back.

The neck profile is a big deal for me. If the Sterlings had the EB necks, maybe. I think I'd still toss in a couple hundred and go used, though.

Completely agree. I was really interested in that Majesty but at $1400........thats a hard one. Ive owned a few Sterlings and they are decent but man what a difference in quality compared to the EBMMs. Of course there will be a difference but stainless steel frets and ebony boards are becoming the norm nowadays for around 1K.

mcro2430

I think these will do well. Particularly the JR cutlass. I think a lot of 7 string metal heads just don't have the coin for the EBMM version. They are doing a great job of bumping up the features on the Sterling line but are starting to hit that upper ceiling for new Sterling vs. used EBMM for the price conscious shopper

The neck profile thing is a good point and applies to me as well. The thing that stinks is I'm not near a lot of EBMM dealers, and those that carry them tend to keep them locked up. So while I've played a lot of Sterlings, they aren't a reliable indicator of whether or not I'll jive with the neck on the EBMM version. I prefer the neck width and radius of the Sterling valentine to the EBMM valentine, but the build quality on the EBMM is leagues above the Sterling.

spychocyco

The neck profile thing is a good point and applies to me as well. The thing that stinks is I'm not near a lot of EBMM dealers, and those that carry them tend to keep them locked up. So while I've played a lot of Sterlings, they aren't a reliable indicator of whether or not I'll jive with the neck on the EBMM version. I prefer the neck width and radius of the Sterling valentine to the EBMM valentine, but the build quality on the EBMM is leagues above the Sterling.

Same. There are a couple of stores where I travel often for work that carry EBMM, but they're always under lock and key. I did make one of them unlock a Majesty for me a while back just because I'd never had the chance to play one, but i don't like asking them to unlock them when I know that I'm not there to buy. (Yeah, I know it's their job, but that's just me.)

On the bright side, I've never played an EBMM neck that I didn't like. I'm usually exactly the opposite on the necks, though. I'm an Axis freak, but I don't really like the neck on the SBMM Axis at all.

I definitely think these will do well and hope they do. I love my Sterlings, but I mainly bought them because they were very affordable versions of instruments I don't play often (seven-string and bass), and I knew they would be quality for the price. When you start to get in that $1,400 range, yeah, it's still half what a new Majesty costs, but it also has a lot more competition for my money.

xjbebop

As far as neck profiles, I own a few (ok, a lot...) of AL's because they make me happy.
I ended up getting a Sterling AL last year because Pete was blowing them out.
I changed out the pick ups in it, but it's a very good gittar for the price. However, the neck carve is different.
The MM models have a full "C" shape vs the Sterling, which is more of a "D" shape, flatter on the back.
Almost ruins it for me...

Nhoj

Jared Dines Signature Sterling by Musicman StingRay Guitar

Jared Dines Signature Sterling by Musicman StingRay Guitar

83935460_10157788010082302_3446623302699712512_o.jpg

83371420_10157788010167302_8013459344181952512_o.jpg

TripHazard

The Jared Dines is killer. Hopefully they will be some full review vids up on YouTube after NAMM for the all the new sterling stuff. I think the new color on the valentine looks exceptional and the some of the new bass stuff is cosmic

Top Bottom