• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ComeHomeShane

Greetings, long time Stingray enthusiast, first time EBMM Forum poster.

I am considering a few different used EBMM Sterling basses. Can someone tell me the main differences between a late 1990's/early 2000's, a 20teens, and a recent 2019 Sterling?

I've been looking around and can't seem to find much spec information for the older models.

Thanks!
- Shane

Bert

Hi Shane,
the first ones from 1993 had the bridge with mutes, different battery compartment and the recessed neckplate in the body.
The H models from late 90ties hadn't any significant differences to the current Sterling.

ComeHomeShane

Hi Shane,
the first ones from 1993 had the bridge with mutes, different battery compartment and the recessed neckplate in the body.
The H models from late 90ties hadn't any significant differences to the current Sterling.

Thanks for the reply. I've played a 2019 Sterling and loved it. They changed the styling to match that of the stingray special, which is my current work horse, but I wasn't sure if they changed any of the specs. That's cool to hear that the specs have not changed. Great bass, I'm thinking about buying a Sterling 5 and put on some light d'addario NYXLs for some funky playing. Love the clarity from the bass.

Top Bottom