• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mats Eriksson

Might need to shim the new neck to get a better angle and string height and possibly get your intonation back on track.

Yes, probably. But as it didn't need to be done before, I wonder. And the guitar is still within warranty period. All things adds up in the end, and I am then thinking a) truss rod wheel stuck b) pickguard getting worn after 3 days c) new neck needs shim... well I think this one will be up for grabs. d) new neck is considerably darker in its roast than the old one, me not like. It's better to sell it while it still has warranty...better luck next time, Sterling Ball.

Good on paper, on looks and feels good, plays good, sounds just ok, nothing to write home about, but then again I have been starting to get more wary of all active kinds of things, i e basses/guitars with batteries in them.

Mats Eriksson

Yes, you have them at the top, menu, three different ones: Ernie Ball, then Music Man, and then Sterling. I have owne the Steve Morse (light one) model a few years back, bought new also, a "real" Music Man. I liked that one, so that was a good one. Thought I should check out the cheaper ones now, since JV60 came out. I do like the form factor but too many other gnarls, irks and quirks that slowly has dawned on me. By and large, it's just a division of the Ernie Ball company. Subsidiary, not completely disconnected.

Mats Eriksson

And the new sparkle finish of the new JV60s Music Man, the 3 grands, makes them look to cost cheaper than the Sterling ones. This seems to be the only ones available. ... ffs, what have they been smokin? :)

St_G

Strongly disagree on that point. $3k is a big ask, for sure, but I like the new finishes moderately well- and more than most colors offered on other models.

I do think they'd benefit from top binding to outline the shape a bit more, but that's nitpicking.

And the new sparkle finish of the new JV60s Music Man, the 3 grands, makes them look to cost cheaper than the Sterling ones. This seems to be the only ones available. ... ffs, what have they been smokin? :)

Top Bottom