• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

adiaz7531

Hello! I see that the screws on my 4-string StingRay are “angled” instead of being perpendicular to the body. Is this normal? If so, is this due to the intonation screws length/angle?

Thanks!!

adiaz7531

Have you got a photo? Is it possible the intonation screws have got bent ?
image.jpg

Here’s a photo I just took. Hopefully you can see the screws angled “forward”. Is this normal? Are the intonation screws causing this or is this normal? Thanks!!

tbonesullivan

View attachment 37619

Here’s a photo I just took. Hopefully you can see the screws angled “forward”. Is this normal? Are the intonation screws causing this or is this normal? Thanks!!
Completely normal. What is happening is that the entire bridge piece is angled with respect to the body, as they pivot from the back of the bridge. Every bridge designed this way works like this. The bridge saddles do not pivot on the intonation adjustment screw, so when they get raised, the intonation adjustment screw and height screws pivot with it.

adiaz7531

Completely normal. What is happening is that the entire bridge piece is angled with respect to the body, as they pivot from the back of the bridge. Every bridge designed this way works like this. The bridge saddles do not pivot on the intonation adjustment screw, so when they get raised, the intonation adjustment screw and height screws pivot with it.

Thanks for verifying this!

Top Bottom