• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RothSR5

Of course. I installed Schaller locks right after I took it out of the case for the first time. Can't be too careful when it comes to the bass. :)

seandorian

Schaller locks on my Sterling. No problems at all. Never falls off, and the screws are just a tight as when I first put them in. Pretty cheap, too.

Disquieter

not a strap lock to be found on my end of the game!

not since....then...:(

straplocks killed my father.......

oh wait..no...ummm....

not really any need for strap locks right now, I've never had a problem with my strap, although, once i hit the road again next spring, i'll probably throw some strap locks on just to be safe.

when you do install, make sure you either use the screws that were there originally, or else make sure your screws aren't way bigger, you can easily crack the finish with an overly large screw...

joel D.

skabassist13

i find using a longer wood screw helps a lot. you might have to grind down the head to get it to fint in the buttton, but once you get that extra length in the wood it wont come out. i think it works pretty well.

Aussie Mark

Dunlops on all my basses, Schaller on my guitars. On some instruments I've needed to ever so slightly drill out the strap hole since the original screws were somewhat smaller gauge than the straplock screws, but it's a breeze. I seriously doubt that a set of Dunlop straplocks will devalue an original instrument. Besides, I but my basses to play, so I like to know they're not going to bungee onto the stage.

dlloyd

rhfactor4 said:
do any of you guys/gals have straplocks on the MM? im scared i might screw up installing them because i have done that before.. ahah.

Dunlops on mine... had a few near misses.

They were a bit tight installing, but no drilling required. Bit of soap on the threads helped.

jubjub721

take mm in to ur local bass shoppe
if u buy them they should be able to put them in for not a lot of cash
then u wont chance it

even though i dont like the thought of another mans dirty hands on my bass
and i do most of my own adjust ments

Aussie Mark

jubjub721 said:
take mm in to ur local bass shoppe
if u buy them they should be able to put them in for not a lot of cash
then u wont chance it

I find it hard to understand how someone can play a musical instrument but is daunted by the thought of using a screwdriver.

spectorbassguy

seandorian said:
Schaller locks on my Sterling. No problems at all. Never falls off, and the screws are just a tight as when I first put them in. Pretty cheap, too.

I tried Schaller Straplocks in the past on a couple of basses and was not satisfied. The screws kept coming loose. :eek: IMO the Dunlop's fit more snugly against the wood and I've never had one loosen up on me.;)

skabassist13

ive never had the screw that holds the button to the body come loose. but the one that holds the lock thingy on to the strap has that problem. but hey throw a lil locktite on there and bam, stiff as a rock and its never coming loose again.

bassmonkeee

I had Dunlops on my Bongo 5 before it even left the store. I took them off the bass I traded in, and installed them on the Bongo with new longer screws. That strap isn't going anywhere.

Top Bottom