• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ex3.8

I currently use super slynks. why? hmmmm they were recommended by the store. I remember loving Sfarzo strings but they are no longer available up here eh!:rolleyes:

Psychicpet

My faves when I can get them are D'Addario Slow Wounds but have been using Warrior custom strings (D'Addario made) for a couple years now but I am currently switching over to Slinky5's. I do prefer Nickel over Stainless though, Nickel feel better to me and give me more of the tone that I go for. I've never really strayed from D'Addario so this leap to EB Slinks is a little spice for my mundane string life! :p But strings are like barbers, you find one you like and stick with them until they die or you do :D

Triple Threat

I have always liked Power Slinkys...I like playing bigger gauges & wish Ernie Ball would come out with a 12-56 set with a plain unwound G, but until that happens Power Slinkys get me by.

ebb soul

Thomisk-Infeild for bass, best I've tried out of five brands, I like the 'feel'. Hated Rotosounds, weren't bright or punchy.
I like the Eb heavy/skinny set for elc. guitar, but don't feel they last well. I recently found a five year supply of old Lawrence strings and like those, as did SRV.
DRs' for acoustic.

NorM

Super Slinky's! They live proud, die hard and keep fret and finger ware to a minimum

Simple Gav

i use Elites stadium series strings on be SR. gauge 45 - 105 i think...
dario slow wounds rocked my socks, but at like £32 retail a pack i cant really afford them.
i hate rotosound bass strings. my brother uses them all the time. fool

Tricky

who makes 'em??

Who actually make their own strings? I've been told that very few really do. Does Fender manufacture theirs?.....Does Ernie Ball?.....GHS??? Just curious because if you buy a set that are packaged pretty but are bought from another supplier, are you getting the best quality and consistent strings? To me Fender strings have more tension (tighter) than others which can make the guitar play a bit stiff. Any one else share this observation?

ebb soul

Bill Lawrence had told me once that most strings are made by Martin. I do believe GHS makes their own or at least has them made specific, like their crusher wound series. I've likely never used Fender strings so I couldn't say.

Estin

that sorta reminds me of the whole "tube rebranding" thing. i think theirs litterally only like 5 companies that produce the tubes. so all you groove tubes fans are really only buying a Sovtek or Chinese at double or triple the price! groove tubes does not make tubes! same goes for ruby tubes etc.... i use JJ's and SED Svetlana's since they are the ownly companies that actually manufacture high end audio tubes...................so i'm way off subject now. i use D' addario 11-49's and 10-52 sets.

Top Bottom