• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Hi friends! New to the forum and a recent EBMM convert.

I have a Stingray RS and a Valentine and was thinking about another JValentine because the neck is TOO comfortable.

If I got a second, I’d swap the bridge for a humbucker and the neck for a p90 but does anyone know the string spacing I should order for these two swaps?

Thanks in advance!

racerx

I just pulled out the calipers on my Valentine --

2.01 in / 2 + 1/64 in / 51.29mm is the measurement I get in-between the outer strings @ center of outer pole pieces on the neck humbucker.

2.1 in / 2 + 7/64in / 53.43 mm is the measurement I get for the same on the bridge single-coil (didn't slant).

In either case I'd recommend choosing "F-Spaced" pickups for best fit if you don't replace with another set from EB.

As an aside, I feel like I'm the only guy on the planet (well, outside of James Valentine I guess) that likes the stock pickup configuration in the Valentine!

jones4tone

As an aside, I feel like I'm the only guy on the planet (well, outside of James Valentine I guess) that likes the stock pickup configuration in the Valentine!

Nope, I wouldn’t dream of changing the pickups on my Valentine. I love it the way it is.

Top Bottom