• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Wow agreed those are killer, love the blue, that color would work so well on most of the MM line.

Thanx, Glenn |B)

jmmp

It always seems to be the case that the colors I REALLY want are not available on the guitars I want. I am STILL holding out for a blue dawn Stingray or Cutlass HSS.

I’d be in for a Blue Dawn HSS Cutlass..... I have a Starry Night SSS, but I’m on the lookout for another HSS. That charger green is calling my name too, but I need to see the color in person.

That Pacific Blue is sort of like Fender’s Sky Burst Metallic, but more subtle. I love the metallic bursts that are coming out. I had a smoked chrome Cutlass that I foolishly sold.

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

I’d be in for a Blue Dawn HSS Cutlass..... I have a Starry Night SSS, but I’m on the lookout for another HSS. That charging green is calling my name too, but I need to see the color in person.
I also keep looking at the Charging green. I wish it was an emerald green. It's a nice green, I just wish it was a slightly different shade of green.

tj1

The price on those looks good to non US eyes, on the other side of the Atlantic the mere' six string mode costs twenty percent more.

The question is what does the seventh string add to the experience - more treble or bass?

I am afraid the blue is what would would put me off, I think MM does a lovely lumescent green though.

dibart77

Damn, the blue is nice. Too bad it's only avail as a 7 string. If there was a 6 string (just got the willies). The Eclipse looks like Starry Night.

73h Nils

The price on those looks good to non US eyes, on the other side of the Atlantic the mere' six string mode costs twenty percent more.

The question is what does the seventh string add to the experience - more treble or bass?

I am afraid the blue is what would would put me off, I think MM does a lovely lumescent green though.

Low end. Low B with standard tuning.

JasonT

It always seems to be the case that the colors I REALLY want are not available on the guitars I want. I am STILL holding out for a blue dawn Stingray or Cutlass HSS.

Yup, I totally hear ya. I’m waiting patiently for an opportunity for blue dawn on an LIII.

GWDavis28

Yup, I totally hear ya. I’m waiting patiently for an opportunity for blue dawn on an LIII.

I highly doubt you'll ever see Blue Dawn again, maybe as a BFR run, but as a regular offering, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've always thought that Purple Dawn about be an awesome color. They haven't done too many purple sparkle paint jobs.

Not to derail this thread.

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

JasonT

I highly doubt you'll ever see Blue Dawn again, maybe as a BFR run, but as a regular offering, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've always thought that Purple Dawn about be an awesome color. They haven't done too many purple sparkle paint jobs.

Not to derail this thread.

Glenn |B)

Oh, I know. I recall BP saying how blue dawn is a pain to clean from the equipment, or something like that. But, as long as it's available on the St. V HH, they are doing that color. So I keep hope alive . . . lol

GWDavis28

Oh, I know. I recall BP saying how blue dawn is a pain to clean from the equipment, or something like that. But, as long as it's available on the St. V HH, they are doing that color. So I keep hope alive . . . lol

That is true, I had forgotten about that, you never know you could see it as a BFR sometime.

Glenn |B)

dave1812

The Eclipse Sparkle looks like the Starry Night PDN from a few years ago to me.
I'd love to see the JPX Barolo Finish with Black Hardware, offered on all Models!

73h Nils

I'd love to see the JPX Barolo Finish with Black Hardware, offered on all Models!

The Barolo finish is one of my favourites ever, for sure. Beautiful colour.

QuantumFactor

I’m split on this. I love the color, but I also like how rare it is. I’d love to see more Barolo-like colors. Some other deep reds maybe.

Top Bottom