• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

johnnyboogie

maxresdefault.jpg 75331d49d02ac5e6ede39c2dc687ae0e.jpg

Hello from Athens Maddi, would you please tell me whether this is a JP BFR (pre-JPX shape), or a JPXI?

Thanks a lot in advance,

John

PS. If anyone has the answer, please oblige me =D

johnnyboogie

The twin that I had come through here was a JP6 BFR.

Also it has the old style bridge w/ 3-way toggle (and a copyright date of 2010)

I stumbled upon a quite old thread today while I was searching Google for 'JP Silver Burst'. There was a JP clinic taking place around ten years ago, and you had bought one, correct? Do you still own it, or was it meant to be sold in the first place? Great looking guitar, although the fatter upper horn kind of throws it off balance for my tastes, especially compared to the JPX era onwards. And those red letters on the headstock look awesome as well.

Thanks a lot Pete =)

PeteDuBaldo

I stumbled upon a quite old thread today while I was searching Google for 'JP Silver Burst'. There was a JP clinic taking place around ten years ago, and you had bought one, correct? Do you still own it, or was it meant to be sold in the first place? Great looking guitar, although the fatter upper horn kind of throws it off balance for my tastes, especially compared to the JPX era onwards. And those red letters on the headstock look awesome as well.

Thanks a lot Pete =)

JP did a clinic with Sterling at a Guitar Center in NYC and there were several one-off guitars available for purchase. A fellow forumite wanted to buy the silverburst but they refused to let him put a deposit on it; the sale was all or nothing. He and I chatted for a few minutes, I went and bought it for him, and he paid back my store as he was able. My friend Ernie bought the other one-offs, so that night we left with all of them.

GWDavis28

JP did a clinic with Sterling at a Guitar Center in NYC and there were several one-off guitars available for purchase. A fellow forumite wanted to buy the silverburst but they refused to let him put a deposit on it; the sale was all or nothing. He and I chatted for a few minutes, I went and bought it for him, and he paid back my store as he was able. My friend Ernie bought the other one-offs, so that night we left with all of them.

Cool story Pete!!! Haven't seen or heard from Ernie is such a long, long time. :(

Glenn |B)

johnnyboogie

What a day..., so jealous =D

I can now dream that one day the same will happen, but the JPXI Aluminium is going to be available for purchase. However, I don't think JP would part with it. Not that EBMM would not make him another.

tekwerk

Looks BFR. That was the Black Clouds tour. The second photo was taken on the Iron Maiden tour. That would have been 2010, so I think the JPX had just been released.
Maddi

Top Bottom