• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

minishredder

I'll be ordering a Petrucci today, and it's come down to that all important decision of which color to get.

I've narrowed it down to either Saphire Black or Mystic Dream, but I'm having a hard time deciding as I'm honestly not quite sure what the mystic dream looks like.

I beleive this pic shows the saphire black, this is the pic that caught my eye, so I wanted to make sure this was really saphire black...
http://www.olpguitars.com/press/john_petrucci.jpg

But I see different pictures of the mystic dream and the green and purple shades look different in all of them. Are the green and purple fairly flat colors, or do they have alot of depth to them?

If anybody has a mystic dream and a digital camera, I'd be enormously appreciative if they could record a short video of the guitar being turned around or walked around to give an idea of what it looks like.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

koogie2k

I have the mystic dream color. Unfortunately, I do not have a digital recorder or camera. It is so hard to describe the color other than to say it changes at different angles. Very cool paint job. Sorry I can't help you out. Anyone else?

PurpleSport

I don't own a Mystic Dream JP, but I just tried a 7-string one for the first time today and I'll take a crack at describing it....it's what's known as a purple/green flip-flop.

Depending on what kind, strength and angle of light is hitting the finish and what angle you're holding the guitar, the color will look either pearlescent purple, pearlescent green, or varying combinations of both.

It's really a neat color, IMHO - sort of has an eerie space-alien sort of vibe goin' on. In fact, "eerie-descent" is probably the perfect description! :D

Top Bottom