• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Joeglow

Is this thing a unicorn or what? I've been on the hunt for one for a few years now. I never see them for sale anywhere used. Looking for a maple board but I'm open to the rosewood fretboard as well. Don't really care what color it is either. Would want it to be in working condition active and passive controls both working. If anyone knows where I can find one I'd be forever grateful. I'm almost thinking of calling EBMM and seeing if they do 1 off stuff like this anymore. EBMM Custom Shop??

Thanks in advance.

danny-79

And always show up at the most inconvenient times !

If you come across a rosewood single H please point it in my direction

FDC484950

I snapped up the one in the UK. I’ve ordered a black 3-ply pickguard as the stock faded yellow Pearl isn’t quite to my taste. It’s fantastic - nothing like a Stingray in terms of tone but with the same feel. It has so many tones it takes a while to experiment, but sooner or later you’ll find a perfect setting for a given tone. Just the back pickup is a very passable Bridge J tone, middle pickup only is a decent P tone, but the real gems are the mixture of pickups. Aside from the bridge+middle in series, every other setting is basically the same volume, active or passive, and there’s a 4-band eq and passive tone to boot! Stellar B string as always from EB. Ironically the only tone it doesn’t nail is a Stingray - but that’s what a Stingray or Sterling is for!
I’ll be looking for another as I’d like one in a brighter colour with a rosewood board as I already have a Sterling 5HH with maple board - say tangerine orange :)

Morrow

The Big Al had the look . A unique one .
I always wanted one , but I’ve never actually seen one in the flesh . Our local dealer (L&M in Canada) just seems to stock Rays . I thought the Al was one of the funkiest things I’d seen . Still do .
If a short scale version ever made it to market I’d be down with GAS and anxiety .
I’d be a perfect mess .

Top Bottom