• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

the explode man

Who all would love for EB to do another run of the Dargie's? I know I'm dying to get one, and would definitely put an order in if they decided to do a run (heck, I'd probably order two). The green finish is hands down the most gorgeous look on any bass and it's criminal that these aren't more common!

What features would you like to see? I think the martini inlays of the Dargie's were incredible and would prefer them on the III's.

Show a little love in this thread and maybe we can get the ball rolling on EB doing another run of these green beauties!

tunaman4u2

not interested at all, gotta be honest. Cool to have em around but something new would get more people off the couch. The PDN Honey Burst release set a high bar

Moose308

I doubt they will revisit design elements of previous generations of the Dargie. Therefore, I believe you will need to think in terms of Dargie, and innovate. For me, that would mean that Dargie Mk. III would include,

- Trans-green body and trans-green bird's eye gloss neck (Bongo's too!)
- All black-chrome (stealth) hardware and pickup poles.
- Black Pearl pickguard
- Black EB Straplocks
- Mother-of-Pearl/Abalone inlays of the Musicman men.

Just thinking aloud.

the explode man

not interested at all, gotta be honest. Cool to have em around but something new would get more people off the couch. The PDN Honey Burst release set a high bar

Oh man, we are completely opposite. I absolutely despise red and burst finishes. The only thing worse is when they're combined. Especially looking at that one, it's not as though that's a rare finish. You could get that from EB, or any other maker for that matter.

The Dargie on the other hand...

tunaman4u2

Maybe they will do it... hopefully you get what you want man & rock it like crazy!

bassmonkeee

Just make sure you don't wait around to see if a store orders the option you are interested in. :D

Honestly, I think the PDN series is what came out of the Dargie models. A short order window of non-standard options available primarily through non-big box retailers.

Never say never (Hello, Sabre reissue!), though.

the explode man

Good call! I think high gloss necks are too "sticky" to play. I like the idea of all black hardware. How about gold hardware? That could be pretty slick.

For the inlays, how about green inlays in a diamond shape? Like emeralds.

I doubt they will revisit design elements of previous generations of the Dargie. Therefore, I believe you will need to think in terms of Dargie, and innovate. For me, that would mean that Dargie Mk. III would include,

- Trans-green body and trans-green bird's eye gloss neck (Bongo's too!)
- All black-chrome (stealth) hardware and pickup poles.
- Black Pearl pickguard
- Black EB Straplocks
- Mother-of-Pearl/Abalone inlays of the Musicman men.

Just thinking aloud.

iamcatwarrior

I was stunned to see Dargie II some 3 1/2 years ago, but after that, I really don't know what you could do for a third installment of the "Dargie Delight" package. Personally, I love the color and is among the handsomest MM has ever produced, but a Dargie III seems like it'd be a long way off.

tbonesullivan

Well, we can put what we want, but I think that any future DD's will come from where the first two runs came from. Now if only I actually LIKED green guitars.

Well if they did a blue/green flip flop finish, then i'd think about it.

bignasty

it doesn't have to be a DD, just offer a green colour option. i don't care if they won't sell a lot, i would buy one.

stingray96191

Well, we can put what we want, but I think that any future DD's will come from where the first two runs came from. Now if only I actually LIKED green guitars.

Well if they did a blue/green flip flop finish, then i'd think about it.
It has been previously mentioned here and in other threads that the continuation of the Dargies Delight Series were the limited runs and more recently the pdns. It had been referenced at the time of order that the Black Sugar Roasted guitars were the DD 3 run. As most of you know Dargin has nothing to do with a shade of green, but the nickname of one of Balls that does design and development.

T28

I see DD2's in the for sale section quite frequently....might even still be one in there now.

And the new PDN SLEDGE is like a super Dargie....it changes 5 different colors.

bdgotoh

I love my Dargie 1 Sterling, bought it new and it's still one of my fave basses. I love the color and the inlays but I actually like the idea behind the Honeyburst PDN as well. All those special features made my PDN Bongo the best I've ever played.

So I'd rather see them do something new that's just as cool as the Dargies were. That's going to interest me more than a straight reissue.

tunaman4u2

I think we are due for an awesome maple neck... birdseye, roasted, whatever. I was looking at Bass Central today & the maple necks with more pizzazz would be fantastic

They have done Dargies, BFR Ebony & PDN Pau Ferro... Maple here we come !

mmbassplayer

How about a bright trans green (no burst) with a sparkle in the clear coat? Over flamed or quilted maple it would look awesome. Maybe the idea of a quilt maple topped Bongo has spawned this original idea.

Top Bottom